End of my Era...Going Home

itsmedave

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the nose candy thread too!

I am off to the movies to see "perfume" tonight at RCA, will miss dave's movie revues, hopefully something he ccould still do in USA and contribute here!

Another good point is Dave's house is in a very good location, so if someone is looking for a good area cheap I'd be over at Dave's offering him pizza and Pepsi!

I haven;t yet worked out why the maid is so interested in Dave's house, maybe she likes dave?????

God luck Dave, wise decision and I hope all goes well for you and your family. Struggling to live in Thailand is never a good thing and you have been smart enough to give up when things didn't go the way you expected.

I met you on your first trip to Thailand and I thought you were a nice bloke. For many reasons our paths went followed different ways and didn't met many times, again, good luck!

When there is a little one in the family, I think the decision to relocate back to the West is a hard one to turn down. Good on you for making the tough decision.

So many people I know are thinking about heading back to the West with everything that has been going on recently, but most seem a little nervous of what awaits them. Sometimes you just have to throw yourself in the deep end.

I sure hope to catch up with you before you go.

Itsme:

I remember when, prior to your leaving for LOS, you invited me to your garage sale. I didn't make it, and I guess I won't be around to pick up stuff from your BKK apartment either. :D

As I mentioned in another thread, you were also the first board member to approach me (DCII, Rififi - I think you were sitting with Paraes, Josh_Ingu and Loo_Doot) and ask me if I was on the boards, what my handle was, and introduced me to some people. People tend to remember shit like that, and I appreciated the gesture.

But I sure hope you're returning to the OC, as it would be great to get together for a drink with you.

Good luck! :beer:

Thanks to everybody for your kind thoughts and responses. I would have been really bummed if I had written a big goodbye post, and nobody bothered to write back!

Yes, it was a long time coming. I always knew I'd be going back. Thought I would probably stay 4 years as I assumed the American public would've been smart enough to kick out Bush Jr after 4 years. Sad that they didn't...but it seems they have finally seen the light. But now with the baby...

Because my mom is offering me a job working with her in the state government, a free car, and possibly a house...we will most likely be starting in (so hard to type the letters)...Oklahoma. (ouch!) The job isn't great paying, though, so if anybody can provide me with a job that pays enough to provide me an excuse...I'd be happy to settle in OC/San Fran?almost anywhere. But, yes, likely Oklahoma. Mom does say that after a year I can transfer to another state or to a higher paying position in the private sector.

Some have wondered about what I'm selling.

I'm only renting the house...but the owner said she'd love to hear from any of my firends who want it. You would get it at the same price I pay, 12,000 baht per month.

The house is a two storey shophouse about a 5 minute walk to the Fortunetown shopping complex (Tesco) and 8 minute walk to the subway. Also in the area is a Carrefour, a Justco, the new Esplanade mall with movie theatre and skating rink, and of course...all those massage parlors. A really good location, although traffic can be bad in the area.

Many families on the small soi, so not loud except for the kids playing. They are building a large condo at the end of the soi, so that's sometimes noisy. The house is very solid and well built, and does not flood (there is something of a termite problem) All in all, we have been very happy there. 2 bedrooms, carport, 2 bathrooms, balcony, nice kitchen area.

I also submit a list of the stuff we are selling. Some of it has already been eyeballed by Dee's friends, and I don't know what she's promised to who, and for how much. Of course, we are trying to get rid of everything...but I'm not going to list towles and dishes and crap like that. I'm sure you have a good idea of that small type stuff. (which I don't mind selling for 20 baht...that money adds up, and will help to pay for our shipping costs)

We've been in the house for 3 years...so everything is 3 years or newer.

So, here's the list...

TV 27â? and 21â? (could be a little smaller sized...I have a tendency to say things are 2" bigger than they actually are)

Entertainment center (stand for tv, dvd, etc..solid and heavy)

Tv stand (smaller for the smaller tv)

Computer and computer desk (I think Dee sold it already)

New computer chair (bought 2 months ago...high backed and nice...spent about 1500 baht for it)

5 piece sofa set (very comfortable and good looking...must have cost over 20K when new)

Keyboard

Guitar

Small sofa (cheap)

Refrigerator full size whirlpool from emporium

Microwave (small)

Small oven

Stove (2 burners)

New blender

Coffeemaker

Automatic clothes washing machine (firly big size, spins and everything...just put the clothes in and go)

Dvd player (cheap one)

Playstation 2 with about 20 games (has chip so can play pirated games)

Twin size spring mattress (hardly ever used...although the baby does like to jump on it)

Small barbecue

Ladies bicycle

Baby clothes and toys

Baby crib

Small Christmas tree and decorations

Hair blow dryer

Dvdâ??s/books

Iron and ironing board

Left handed golf club set with bag (full set with driver bought in the states...but a cheap set)

Carrying case for golf clubs on airplane

Cheap dining room table and chairs

Let me know if you want to come over and look at anything.

Oops...I almost forgot about that damn big ass satellite. 9', and it moves so you can pick up programming from several different satellites. Paid 30,000 for it incl installation...happy to let it go for half that.

Archived