End of my Era...Going Home

itsmedave

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Dave good luck to you in the States and good luck to your family also.

I have actually also been thinking about moving. But more about moving to another country in this region or another area on this planet (Southern Europe). Not back to the Netherlands. My current job I can do from anywhere in the world where I have an internetconnection. And since my girlfriend broke up in November after having lived together for 3,5 years there is not much holding me here (yes I can shag myself silly, but after having hit my 2nd century it is getting a bit boring :( ). And the better my Thai becomes and the more Thais I meet through my "other" job in the Thai entertainment the more worrisome I become about the future of this country. I like to be in a country were people are a bit more progressive in nature.

Anyway goo luck to you in all your future endeavours!

Waerth

Yeah, while I am really looking foraward to the freedom of a car and a sense of security that I know what's going to happen next...I imagine that after a few months I'll probably be on here more often than I am now...reminescing about the "good old days"

Of course, having a Thai wife gives me a great excuse to come back every year...so you aren't completely rid of me. (which doesn't mean I don't want several "goodbye forever" parties.

Dee has done an amazing job selling our crap. Most of the big ticket items are gone. However, we went through all the nooks and crannies and found lots of little things we didn't even knwo we had.

Still up for grabs...

...Automatic washing machine

...playstation 2 with 23 games (has the chip so it plays priated games)

...left handed set of golf clubs

...over 100 dvd's and vcd's

...a full box of cassette music tapes with some pretty good stuff on them

...a full box of English language books and several "teaching English to Thai's" books (anybody know a used book store that will buy whatever books I can't get rid of)

...an overwhelming amount of clothing (both Dee's and mine)

...small baby crib

...lots of playing cards, poker chips, dice, and games like Monopoly (American version)

...tons of Christmas lights and other decorations

Please come over soon and relieve us of this stuff

"...(anybody know a used book store that will buy whatever books I can't get rid of)..."

Just asked a friend about who buys books...he sent the following...

"...Dasa Book Store buys 2nd hand books.

http://www.dasabookcafe.com/

As does the CRS on the name place just 100 feet on down from Villa Market there between Sukumvit 33 & 35...."

CRS=Can't remember shit. It might be called Elite Books or something.

Selling used books in Bangkok gets such low prices, I'm usually happier finding someone who will appreciate taking them for free! Between the hassle of going to the bookshop and the disappointment of their low rates, it's better to hand off to someone who will appreciate them, if you can find them -

YimSiam

Archived