End of my Era...Going Home

itsmedave

Hi,

I too will be leaving LOS with my new Thai family . For me 6 years. All of the business ventures I had failed and with a child it seems time to go. Many of the things I used to enjoy just don't hold the same magic for me anymore.

Add to that the unfavorable exchange rate , inflation and a more mercenary approach from many, new Visa and business regulations all became too much.

For a few years now the wife has been asking for me to go back to Falangland and get a real job. I resisited and at that point would have done almost anything to stay here but now I find it harder to put up with all of the things that I used to be able to overlook.

Years ago I would listen to the guys that had been here 5 years or more and hear them bitching about Thailand and think to myself why do they still stay here. Now 6 years on it is me doing the bitching.

Thailand will always be here in one form or another and my wife will now be able to help contribute to the family as I have her lined up with a job at a local Thai restarant in my home town.

Anyway best of luck to you and your family.

LL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buddha said:

"Who among us doesn't feel this from time to time..."

I can guarantee that most of us retired persons have not said that!!!!!!

I hope both you and itsmedave find what you are looking for in farangland.

At this stage in your lives - with a wife and child(ren) in tow, creating the best opportunities for your offspring is your highest priority. When you hit retirement, and your children have shown that they can take care of themselves, you will shift your priorities. I hope to see both of you back here in a decade or twol

Archived