Harder To Find Real Hotties?

ChristianTroy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that current bar owners come from all sorts of previous backgrounds, occupations etc. The common denominator is that they are all now broke down drunks. Well, 80% by most estimates anyways.

The more you know the less you know based on my personal experience means that NOTHING is as it seems in Thailand. You cannot take ANYTHING at face value because most of the time you will be wrong.

In other words, as already stated, don't think too mutt and you'll probably be ok!

If a bar owner still requires a barfine for a BG after her shift is over is a PIMP.

100% True

barfine is supposed to be a compensation of the salary and the drinks she would generate for the bar. If the bar is closed or she has a her day off there is nothing to compensate! Maybe interesting for some people... Girl usually have 1 day off but when they have reached their drink quotas she can take off until the next quota period begins (many bars have that rule) Many girls tend to take off with their customers for a couple of days and grab the barfine for themselves. The bar doesn't require a barfine unless he takes her out of the bar when she is geared up. Farangs usually dont know when she has reached her quotas and girls know that! You can always ask the mamasan!

So if someone was to have a bar with let's say 75 girls and not one of them had a bar fine paid in the entire month what would be the point of the business?

The point is selling drinks and the more girls you have in your bar the more girls can sit and drink. On the other hand nobody comes for just drinking, the majority of customers comes to take out the girl he likes most. If there was a "no take out policy" i don't believe the customers would come back gain. It's maybe a niche, who knows but i doubt it would work in Pattaya. Worse it would be for the girls, they get a 10k salary and if she gets 100 drinks 4000 baht extra, it would be even more pointless for her!

Just for the understanding. Many (not all) bars do not make money from the barfines, it is no business, they split the money with the lady. The bar takes the barfine to compensate salary and the loss of drinks, the girl gets compensated for her loss of drinks and the tip from ping pong balls or stage money. What is important is that the customer knows he can barfine the girl of his choice if she wants to go with him (the sexual availability is why they come). Again, the business is called "selling drinks" the bar isn't making money from the barfine and as long the people drink there is a point of the business and the more girls are working the more the customer will like it and the more he likes it the more he will spend.

Showgirls are a different topic.

the good ones make huge amounts in tips if the focus of the bar is shows (not wanna be show girls, talking about solo shows or 2 girl shows with choreography or content). Bar policy is that show girls go back to the locker room unless the girl gets a huge tip from a customer(not 100 baht 500 to 1000), she gets a big tip she comes out for a drink, up to her if she wanna go with the guy, if she gets usually gets 3 to 6 big tips she rather stays at the bar, some others never get enough and meet the guy after hours. The 2 show bars I know have 2/3 dancers and 1/3 show girls. The dancers are supoosed to be barfined and the better show girls stay the entire night. Obviously a show bar can't survive when there is no girl left who is doing the show! Estimate is that if you have 20 show girls that the top 6 of them basically never has to go with a customer during the shift! The other 14 don't get enough tip, don't have as many shows and need the money!

To answer your question: If a show girl never gets a barfine it would boost the business because the quality of the shows is staying on the same level the entire night. The untouchable attitude of the showgirls makes some people bitter and they either never return or they take one of the regular dancers. Those who return to the bar like the challenge and are often the ones who spend big money on tips and big money on drinks and sit directly on the stage to be closer to the girl he admires. It is very different approach, the show girls are usually top notch stunners, usually the elite in the city (Pattaya) and when they come and talk to you (after tipping them) they know how to make you feel good so that you come back. You won't go into this bar the first time and pull out the top show girl and if you do you have offered her really big money.

Hope the question is answered in all it's varieties! :)

I know that current bar owners come from all sorts of previous backgrounds, occupations etc. The common denominator is that they are all now broke down drunks. Well, 80% by most estimates anyways.

I'd be glad to introduce you to the people I know, you'll see that you have a wrong picture of the scene. Actually those bar owners who have success are very decent business men with good behavior and a good background! Those who have success own cumulated 21 bars and it is just 6 different companies/groups of investors.

21 bars means they run almost 50% of the bars on walking street! Everybody gets drunk occasionally, nobody that I know is broke down drunk or worn out! This bar thing is just a business and is less appealing than the most people think. Living in Pattaya is freaking you out at the beginning and everything seems to be irresistible but after a while it is your new home and knowing the whole internal BG/BAR is rather sobering you up than getting you overexcited!

I have no idea how things are with beer bar owners, I could understand that these people are more vulnerable to get addicts because they basically don't have much to do but sitting around.

So if someone was to have a bar with let's say 75 girls and not one of them had a bar fine paid in the entire month what would be the point of the business?

The point is selling copious amounts of alcoholic beverages and lady drinks. The point is attracting large numbers of thirsty patrons. The point is a bit of slap 'n tickle in a fun atmosphere. The point is you can pay a barfine now for the BG you want or avoid the barfine and hope she is still there at the end of the night. :soapbox:

This bar thing is just a business and is less appealing than the most people think. Living in Pattaya is freaking you out at the beginning and everything seems to be irresistible but after a while it is your new home and knowing the whole internal BG/BAR is rather sobering you up than getting you overexcited!

Oh, so the bar business is not as appealing as I might think? I don't see how it could be any LESS appealing than that!

Pattaya has NEVER freaked me out! I could easily see myself living there. I already do most things that people who live there do such as avoiding the tourist ghetto's, scams, and low lifes.

When it is all so unappealing and when the nightlife is a ghetto and us people who like it are lowlifes, i wonder why you post in threads like that? If you avoid these areas how do you know about it? I want to kindly ask you to be less offensive, there has been a plenty of false accusations now, you called bar owners "broke down drunks by estimated 80%", you call places like Walking Street a Ghetto and it's visitors low lifes. No offense, I am asking kindly!

From my understanding, what I read between the lines is that picking up hookers from the parking lot at Nana is okay and going to walking street is making one a low life? No offense again, I am trying to understand so I can answer more appropriate in the future to your posts!

Archived