Harder To Find Real Hotties?

ChristianTroy

There is one advice mamasan is giving to the new girls, if a customer is overpaying her she can show that she is a good girl and tell him "too much" he will give it to her anyways and the next time again, at least that is what the girls have reported back to mamasan.

You can't be serious CT. These girls are prostitutes. You really think they are concerned about how they are perceived by a punter.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on this as someone who doesn't own a bar (and has no interest in ever owning one), but has lived and worked here for almost 13 years is this: the world is changing and Thailand, notwithstanding the efforts of some its political elites, is changing with it. More BGs than ever have mobiles, and it is not surprising that this changes the way business is conducted.

But there are also more bars than ever, at least in Bangkok. There are many more bars in the lower Sois of Sukhumvit than there were five years ago. The diversity has increased substantially; it's not all go go bars anymore.

These bars wouldn't be there if there wasn't the patronage. I suspect bars in NEP may be seeing a slight drop off in business because they face more competition. Demand has increased, but supply - meaning the number of available venues - has increased severalfold over the last five years.

While many bar owners might not like the increased competition, it is great for consumers. It's good for Thailand's nightlife. And it creates opportunities for the more entrepenurial types.

The only thing that stands in the way of better times ahead is a dysfunctional government and corrupt authorities. If these problems can be sorted out, or at least reigned in, I am very optomistic.

While many bar owners might not like the increased competition, it is great for consumers

Gad...

So if that's the case, why are the prices in BKK going up,up, up???

If I was leaving the yogurt factory or the bus depot for 2 weeks a year to come to LOS and drink and shag myself stupid, I wouldn't care if beer was 100 baht or 160 baht.

But (as you would well know) it sucks when you live here. Beer and birds have gone up at least 25% in the last 2 years - in BKK anyway. I know my salary hasn't!

The only thing that stands in the way of better times ahead is a dysfunctional government and corrupt authorities. If these problems can be sorted out, or at least reigned in, I am very optomistic.

Personally, I'd say the more corrupt and dysfunctional the better, no? What I enjoy about Thailand can't usually be chalked up to good governance!

YimSiam

I can agree with ONE thing said in this thread. "Every cloud has a silver lining".

Instead of looking at buying beerbars how about looking at buying beauty salons. Kinda like moving further down the food chain. The two on the top floor of Nanaplaza are probably gold mines! They are always going full blast late afternoon!

OK Let me get this straight, you have a share in a Pattaya bar, you complain the girls are charging too much, and you dont tell your on girls to stop doing it?

Maybe you read again what I have written, I said the mamasan will have a chat about the complaint and if there are too many complaint we have to let her go. I am ssuming you have overread that since it answers your question perfectly, I don't want to accuse you with having bad intentions, just read it again. I also said that my complaint comes from the punter in me, since I don't touch my own girls I have to find them somewhere else!

Besides that we are selling drinks not sexual services, it is a bar and not a brothel!

You can't be serious CT. These girls are prostitutes. You really think they are concerned about how they are perceived by a punter.

The answer to your question is "No, I don't believe it" but I appreciate the effort of mamasans ideas and that she never gives up!

Mamasan was a BG 15 years ago and has a huge experience, many of the younger girls respect her opinion and some of the like to listen to her stories. Give her 3 Tequilas and you don't need an entertainment system anymore ;) Mamasan is married to my business partner and that gives her voice some sort of amplification, she is one of those who did it right, therefore the more unexperienced girls do listen at least, what they do in the hotel rooms I don't know!

The idea behind that is that the rather insecure men which turns out to be the same guy that overpays a girl in more than 70% of the times, gets the idea that she cares about him when she tells him that he is paying too much! First little step to Si Saket sometimes and sometimes just the first step for a regular customer. "She told me i pay her too much, she is different"

Mamasan tries to teach them that it is more profitable to see things in the long run instead of thinking for the moment!

"Besides that we are selling drinks not sexual services, it is a bar and not a brothel!"

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Ok now that I am done laughing, if a gogo bar is just a bar, can you kindly explain why dancers have to have a minimum number of barfines every month to keep from having their salary docked?

Archived