Obama fights back after PM attack

Julian2

The problem is basically one of cost. No one can afford health care unless very wealthy. A few office visits could break you. As for who should cover it...well, we provide it for the governemnt/ politicians at our expense, so why not provide it for ourselves at our expense?

Failure to provide health care could result in people getting sick, suffering, NOT working, and living off the tax payer. So we either pay one way or another.

For myself, I would like to see something done. Currently I will have NO medical coverage when I retire, and will most likely need it. I would also like to see pension protection legislation.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking this back to the original post..Obama's anti war credentials are well established, thats not what will get him nominated and elected as US president. As I said in an earlier post, once Blair is let loose on the speaking tours of the US in the lead up to the election, is Obama going to get into a debate/spat with him as well? given Blairs apparant popularity rating over there would that be wise?

JP

For myself, I would like to see something done. Currently I will have NO medical coverage when I retire, and will most likely need it. I would also like to see pension protection legislation.

Well, given that Social Security will probably be broke by the time u plan to retire and Medicare will probably be in the same boat, I sure wouldn't bet on some "new" government program to be able to help you much. Best to plan on your own. IF there is Medicare available when you plan to retire, you could probably buy a "gap" policy for an affordable amount. And if our politicians keep pushing to "legalize"/make citizens of millions of wetbacks, all bets are off. Millions more will be "entitled" to feed at the public trough in terms of health care and retirement bennies. In short, they'll contribute a pinto bean to the potluck and get to scoop up frijoles like they brought a whole pot. But, hey..."takes a village" as some village idiot titled her book.

Here's what happens when u have private insurance:

OH goes into the doctor to get a vasectomy. After filling out the usual medical history and providing his insurance information, the receptionist directs him through a door into an adjacent room and told to wait there. Presently, a stunning, little Nok in a nurse's uni comes into the room and orders OH to drop his drawers. OH is puzzled, but does as told. Nok immediately gets on her knees and tells him that she must empty him out before the operation. OH, not one to complain, lets Nok suck him off like the best of the best Lolita's has to offer. Nok swallows, cleans him up and directs him into another room.

OH can't believe what he sees. There's Fidel sitting in a room with a few other guys who have Playboy and Penthouse mags open and are jerking off. Disgusting, thinks OH...so much so that he goes back out to the receptionist and says,"WTF is going on in there? I get a great blow job from a stunner and in there are a bunch of guys sitting around with magazines and...". The receptionist interupts OH with a wave of the hand. "Don't worry about it, Mr. OH, they have government insurance."

HH

>I don't believe it should be a function of "the state". <

agreed... I've always preferred toll roads no riff-raf .. fewer dummies with flats, out of gas & break downs.

COD or proof of private insurance

as it is now the emergency care is the burden of the private hospitals. it is illegal for a hospital to turn away patients or financially test at the ER.

brain injuries should require $1.4m transfer of assets or proof of private insurance before ambulance transport.

at the ER financial responsibility should be determined before any 'heroic measures' .. best done in the parking lot.

once all assets depleted .. IVs to be removed, all care stopped & patient placed with family or on a curb in an appropriate neighborhood.

no sending bill ..

now, fires:

should also be covered by cash deposit or proof of insurance / no deductibles allowed..

a water meter shall be place in line .. bill for the fire trucks & union firemen.

perhaps a flat rate by alarm:

1 alarm: 10K

2 alarm: 50k

or by sq '..

an advanced civilization will prevail with compassionate conservative leadership

Archived