Cuban Cigars

scott808

torpedos can be nice, but how do you keep it burning straight?

I usually get that sideways burn no matter what I try. I try lighting the slow end, but it always goes back to the sideways burn. I just give up and just smoke the sucker.

I used to prefer bigger sizes like double corona, etc. but after the smoking ban in Honolulu, I just smoke corona sizes. :confused:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good quality cigar burns straight most times. That is why I prefer hand rolled vs machine rolled -- the roller knows if the leafs are going to burn slow or fast and compensates.

But if I do run into a "runner," I just do what we did with joints back in the day: put some spit on you finger and dab it on the offending runner and re-light the bitch. Or so I am told, I really did not do that :rolleyes::cover::hippie::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cheers,

SD

As SD says a good cigar should always burn straight.

All good cigars should have good "B&D", i.e., good burn and draw. Much worse than a crooked burn is going red in the face trying to suck the smoke through the cigar.

Even good cigars will burn crooked sometimes and often I think it is caused by smoking in airconditioned areas where perhaps one side of the cigar is getting more exposed to the flow of air, so it often helps to rotate your cigar occasionally. However if I do get one side burning quicker than the other I just run a flame quickly over the unburnt side and because its only a thin outer layer that hasn't burnt it soon turns into ash.

I think havana caban is long gone, but I could be mistaken.

I thought that the law was bogus, but have since changed my mind. Fresh air and no sinky shirt after drinking.

But I think the law is illegal. Takes away the rights of the owner of the bar. Just waiting to see if the ACLU gets involved and find some type of constitutional loop hole in the law. The liberals always do.

I bought a Cohiba Robusto at the Oriental and brought it home for a guy here...cost was around 1500 or 1800 as I recall. The cost here for a Dominican Cohiba robusto is about the same...I have a Punch Coronation here, was about 280bht I think from the Pacific Liquor store near Soi 22, what would be the comparable price in Europe Duty free?

On a side note, the claim is if we (the USA) ever opens up relations with Cuba, then the demand will be rediculis, and they will not be able to meet it "without compromise" (I am guessing that means quality?) and the price will soar even more...I smoke maybe 1-2 a year but still draw the limit on price...

Cohiba Lanceros and Robustos (from Cuba; usually they don't have the classic Cuban brands from Dominican) are below 20 usd in a European Duty Free Shop. not sure what format you mean from Punch. i bought recently Double Coronas from Punch and it was around 12 usd per piece

Archived