True super hi-speed

khunsanuk

No problems here, I logged on with my laptop when I got home on friday and have been connected 1 day 16 hours so no drop outs.

Just checked the server and it has been connected over 8 weeks now which coincides with when I changed to True Hi-Speed.

I am using an ZyXEL Prestige Series 600 modem / wireless router (the server is hardwired).

Not sure what is causing your problem but I would be tempted to run some diagnostics on your modem and router, sorry I can't be anymore help.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am using an ZyXEL Prestige Series 600 modem / wireless router (the server is hardwired).

Where did you get the modem? True or purchased elsewhere?

And what do you mean by "the server is hardwired"? What server? Hardwired to what?

I purchased the Wireless modem / router myself about 18 months ago, but it is the same model that True give away (well buy for 1 baht after 12 months)

Server is my home PC which is set up / primary used as a server and not a PC, hardwired refers to connected to the modem with LAN cable and not wireless.

I had the same problem. I had True Hi Speed installed about 3 months ago with a ZyXEL modem brand new. For about 2 weeks it worked great but after that the line constantly dropped and I couldn't connect again for ages afterwards. I phoned True about the problem loads of times and each time they asked the same fault finding set of questions. Trouble is they often don't answer the phone and you have to tap in your phone number as there's a message that says they will call you back within 24 hours. They always said that the engineer was too busy for a house call and every time they were able to reset it at their end and get it going until the next time. In the end they sent an engineer who came to my apartment did loads of tests and declared nothing wrong. 5 minutes after the engineer left, it disconnected again. I had the engineer come back 4 times over the next few days with the same result each time. After the second visit of the engineer, I told True on the phone that they sould send a replacement modem to try but they didn't do that until the 5th and final visit. The engineer brought a temporary old Huwei modem, plugged it in and there's been no problem ever since.

The engineer brought a temporary old Huwei modem, plugged it in and there's been no problem ever since.

Thanks guys for your posts. I called True IT support about 4-5 times, never had a problem getting through, but they just always reset my line with no effect whatsoever. I finally asked them to send an engineer. Today, 3 guys showed up, one of whom spent the whole time on the phone chatting with his GF, one who knew nothing at all but he was the one doing the work, and one who knew his stuff and was telling the other one what to do. They tested speed about 10 times, declared it good. After having replaced all of my cables I am now pretty sure it's the modem, so I asked them to replace it. They looked in the paperwork, found out the modem was still under warranty. They told me that if I continue having problems (DUH!) I should call them and they will bring a new modem free of charge.

All in all they were completely useless in terms of diagnosing the problem or suggesting possible solutions or steps to isolate the problem. But at least they are willing to replace the modem.

If replacing the modem fixes the problem I'm tempted to by my own because these Huawei boxes look like little cheap plastic pieces of junk.

(And, yes, this modem runs very got but I have a fan running 24/7 keeping the modem and the rest of my gear relatively cool.)

"they will bring a new modem free of charge."

No such luck for me :(

I had to buy a new one myself.

Went for a D-link wireless router (2,200 Baht).

No problems since.

Well, I think of it as diagnostics only. If it turns out it's a bad modem I plan on buying a real one instead of this Huawei contraption.

Go ahead and get the in warranty replacement modem. You can always use it as a backup.

You bet! If for no other reason it's a matter of principle. True has a faily decent customer service in terms of presentation layer, but they fall a little short on delivering what they promies.

Archived