Wanna run Nanaplaza?

khunsanuk

KS,

How about soliciting donations a little more aggressively? I mean, I've spent more on booze in the last couple of weeks than the $100 I sent you guys a year or so ago, and I'm sure there are plenty of dedicated "members" who spent that much last night!

To back up my big words, I'm sending another lousy $100 after I post this. I've easily gotten a hundred bucks' worth of entertainment/education/burst blood vessels from your site over the last year!

McBif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple thoughts. The domain is undoubtedly worth a good chunk of change; I am guessing 5 figures USD. Why not put it up for auction? This sounds like what you are after since it involves almost no work.

Another thing would be to transform it into the de facto web site for nana plaza in particular. It could be run like shopping center web sites such as Siam Paragon. Inside would promote the plaza, have maps, floor plans, sections for each bar, specials, news, and so on. With 100K visits a month, bar owners could be very interested in funding it to put their bar on the map.

It would be nice to work with Khun Sanuk but to be honest, I have run out of energy....and both KS and I know that one needs energy and drive to make these things work.

It's a great domain name that is symbolic of Thailand's farang nightlife so there has to be some money to be made from it - and that traffic it gets is still REALLY good.

I think the idea of hooking up with some web cam site operators might make quite a return....even though many of the girls come from the Philippines, guys looking for a taste of Thai woul dlikely be happy. There is money in that I hear.

Hi,

Thanks for the donation! I know what you mean, but it just feels awkward to ask people for donations. Dunno...

Sanuk!

I'm happy enough to pay an annual donation, it won't help you retire but validates the good work you do.

Is it clear how long a single donation recieves benefits?

JP

Hi,

"Is it clear how long a single donation recieves benefits?"

A donation gets you upgraded to Board Sponsor. No end date / time frame.

Auction sounds like an idea, and yes 5 figures US sounds about right I think.

Not so sure about running it as a site for the plaze. My experience with barowners is that they don't really seem to care about the internet. It would also require a lot of work (and contact) for likely still a reasonably small amount of money.

Stick, I agree, and unfortunately I too have run out of energy to do this. Not sure about the webcams though. To be honest, I do not want to be involved with anything X-rated. Not while living in Thailand.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Send out ~30-40 emails 2 weeks back to barowners (pubs, GoGo bars, etc) mentioning the calendar and that they could post events and such on their for free. Not one reply.

Sanuk!

But from the other side - the Belgian Dog advertises here and still the weekly meeting is at Gullivers who don't advertise as far as I know.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to schedule the meeting at the Dog's place say once a month at least? BTW I have seen the other thread discussing the location of the meet.

Archived