How to becoming a tourist police volunteer?

whitelotuslane

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFAIK just a t-shirt and maybe a cap - I've never seen one myself but heard a lot about that guys dressed like that are not popular in the bars, the katoyes on Beach Rd are their enemies and most (all?) BGs are afraid of police - so don't know who likes them. Probably can just have a social life with other police volunteers or take off the t-shirt, with the risk that they're identified anyhow both by farangs and katoeys.

>The question about cheap brothels

So, maybe we read it wrong? The question about the cheap brothels was so he would know where they are, *then* as a tourist police volunteer he could go in and free them from their debt bondage. Excellent plan!

....or more like we read it right and he is either a troll or a slime ball (or both?).

-j-

All cops are toss bags with issues, who get off on pushing people around and hassling innocent motorists in San Rafael...god I hate them, never around when you need them because they are to busy writing chicken shit tickets for chicken shit stuff, because they are all a bunch of gutless punk assed pussies who are to scared to fight real crime...fuck the lot of them I say!

So, maybe we read it wrong? The question about the cheap brothels was so he would know where they are, *then* as a tourist police volunteer he could go in and free them from their debt bondage. Excellent plan!

Please stop following me around the forum if you don't have anything on topic to add.

I firmly believe prostitution should be legal and sex workers should be treated just like other employees. (Which indeed doesn't mean that much in Thailand, but it does mean not prosecuting them)

Again, tourist police is not (supposed) to be involved in any law enforcement. It's for helping tourists (preferably in their own language) who got into any kind of trouble while on holiday. Could be a medical issue, could be having their bag snatched, anything.

Why is it so hard to understand that a person would genuinely want to help? Or would you need to be a monk before being credible as a contributor to Thailand rather than a user?

<< Again, tourist police is not (supposed) to be involved in any law enforcement. >>

Actually, they can be. I taught the Tourist Police a few years ago, and one female corporal told me about her bust of a Japanese drug smuggler at the Don Muang Airport. The perp had already passed the security, but the gal felt something was suspicious. She stopped him and had them check his bag. The lining was full of drugs. As a police woman, she had the authority to stop him - and even arrest him. She told me she felt sorry for the guy. Still, he was breaking the law.

But a volunteer obviously would not have any real authority. Also, it seemed like most of the Tourist Police I taught just sat in an office and answered phone calls. Only a few were at the airport or patrolled the nightlife and tourist areas.

Again, tourist police are not (supposed) to be involved in any law enforcement. It's for helping tourists

Worthy ideals indeed, but the reality is far from that, the tourist volunteers are generally used in undercover stings on bars and bar workers usually to facilitate the extraction of 'tea money' by the uniformed BIB. Why you desire to join that bunch of pathetic twats is beyond me, if you have time to spare take up golf.

Archived