How to becoming a tourist police volunteer?

whitelotuslane

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WLL, I dunno what the fuss is about. Anyone with an ounce of sense and manufacturing experience can see that the blue "Pattayatai" sign was mass produced at one time and the smaller "22" circular sign was added to it later. See the bolt heads at the 3:00 and 9:00 positions? Hence the differing colors and the appearance, to the conspiracy-theorist eye, of being photoshopped. Or is that Photoshopped?

CT my friend, study up on Occam's Razor.

Cheers,

SD

About that I know nothing, since I avoid Pattaya like the plague. All I know is that that sign is most likely real, not photoshopped.

EDIT: Will Morledge is usually pretty accurate in his reporting. His caption for said sign is: "This is the only sign indicating the entrance to Soi Bua Khow. Not to worry, if you don't want to 'diy', just jump on a motorcycle taxi, and say, "Soi Bua Khow" - you will get there just the same."

Any chance you just never paid attention and therefore never saw it Elef? END EDIT

Cheers,

SD

Of course it is soi 22. Any main road has numbered sois (simply meaning "side road") running off of it. And sois have "truks" (meaning alleyway) running off them, but that's another story.

When we say soi 22 on this board, most assume we are discussing Sukhumvit Soi 22 because most folks here stay on Sukhumvit. Just as if you lived on Lad Phro Soi 113 and said you were going to soi 101, most would assume you'd be going to Lad Phro 101, not Sukhumvit 101 since you did not specify. But both are still "soi 101."

EDIT: Once a soi grows in size or popularity, it tends to get a name that is used (most sois have names, but are seldomly used). For example, Thonglor is actually Sukhumvit Soi 55. Suk Soi 22 is named Soi Sai Nam Peung, but nobody calls it that. END EDIT

Is that clear (as mud)?

Cheers,

SD

As mud yes, I think I dare declare that I've walked around in Pattaya more than most on this board - not so many days more until next time. Some streets more have Sois in Pattaya - Naklua Rd is one but in Naklua actually, rest are in Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya), but I'm almost sure that North Pattaya Rd, Central Pattaya Rd and South Pattaya don't have sois with numbers. I've also checked 3 detailed maps one here and none say I'm wrong. But I can be wrong of course!

PS! Beach Rd isn't the real name btw, it's 1st Road.

KS

This thread is Civil and I have already implicated that it isn't Buddha! You know who we are dealing with, I thought by arguing the poor informations he is giving I am acting in his favor! It is your board, you can let him do his thing, I don't care, Buddhas name is washed clean now. I am having fun arguing about the false facts and want to see how smart he is to get out of it or if he cornered his self on purpose!

SD, thanx for the link, I am not on assumptions I am on facts :) Maybe we will have a beer together one day and I will tell you how I know for a fact who WLL is. He knows I know, You know I know!

I know where you are coming from and why you say it, just don't sell me as a fool, thats not right!

The sign actually is saying PattayaTai as you can see and I also know exactly where the motorbike shop in the background is because I get my gas there from 1 liter bottles for almost half the price at this shop! The signs of Soi Buakhao say.....(wait for the surprise).....they are saying "Soi Buakhao" and are blank in the middle! You might wanna put it in your photo editor and scope it a little! The grey area in the yellow circle is brushed, and there is no shadow even when the light comes from 10:45. It is impossible that the white is a perfect white everywhere

have a looksie, that is how it would look in the real world!

1176307855-ctjob.jpg

WLL, I am not sure why they have used the picture, it maybe was the only one they could find and though it is real! It also says it is the only sign indication Soi Buakhao (by spelling it incorrect) This is also not true! There are exactly 9 Soi Buakhao signs :)

I know it might be the first time you see THIS

....but I am really interested how you are going to make believe that somewhere near Soi BK could possibly be a Soi 22! In fact I will donate 200 USD to the BUAKHAO white LOTUS FOUNDATION in Genéve if you can find any OFFICIAL map of Pattaya that has a Soi 22 on it!

:beer:

Sigh..

4. It's an actual picture.

Honestly you shouldn't be one of those people thinking that there's only Beach Road in Pattaya?

And some pricks think that knowing some shitehole between second and third road is in depth knowledge of Sin City.

Sigh Indeed

Why is everyone trying to be so nasty on this forum? You're giving Thaivisa a run for its money.

At least some nice online maps of Pattaya came out of it, I've bookmarked them.

Turns out it's getting quite the mystery where Soi 22 comes from.. :) I kind of like it.

And some pricks think that knowing some shitehole between second and third road is in depth knowledge of Sin City. Sigh Indeed

You mean sort of the way some people know a cheap, shite local booze brand and make it their handle? :D Pot meet kettle. :) And I happen to like Soi Bua Khao; most interesting part of Patters imho.

Archived