Authentic American Fried Rice: Where/how?

whitelotuslane

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey "MunchBear"... :grinyes::neener::neener::grinyes:

My life long dream has been to find a couple of TG's that could do the "Tag team" thingo as well as you guys do it....Think I'd die smiling!!! lol...

All too late though, I don't even get to "sneak in" an Akane visit these days... :grinyes::whatever::grinyes: ...not that I'd probably ..."Do it justice"...must be gettin' Old....lol...

Cheers DS/DC

My ex-wife loves very much the American Fried Rice on offer at Bourbon St. Says it is the best. Jing jing.

I don't know the recipe, but I am sure it involves ketchup and raisins.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

SD

Here's a recipe.

2 cups steamed rice

2 tablespoons brown raisins

2 tablespoons small cubes of onion

1 small cubes of tomato

4 cocktail sausages with ends split to resemble flowers

2 chicken drum sticks

2 eggs

1 teaspoon ground white pepper

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons ketchup

4 tablespoons butter or margarine

4 cups vegetable oil

Parsley for garnishing

Make two slits on each chicken drum stick. Season with a small amount of salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes, steam and let cool, then fry in the oil over medium heat until golden brown. Place the fried chicken on a plate. Fry the sausages until the ends of sausages open, then place on a plate.

Fry one egg at a time in melted butter over low heat until the egg whites become white. Place the fried eggs on a plate.

Fry the onion in the same skillet used for the fried eggs. Add the steamed rice and ketchup, mix and fry together, then add the raisins and tomato. Fry and mix again.

Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.

Press the American fried rice in a mold and turn over on serving plates. Add the fried eggs, fried chicken pieces and fried sausages. Garnish with parsley, and then serve.

Hey "MunchBear"... :grinyes::neener::neener::grinyes:

My life long dream has been to find a couple of TG's that could do the "Tag team" thingo as well as you guys do it....Think I'd die smiling!!! lol...

All too late though, I don't even get to "sneak in" an Akane visit these days... :grinyes::whatever::grinyes: ...not that I'd probably ..."Do it justice"...must be gettin' Old....lol...

Cheers DS/DC

I love these two...er not in a gay way, just funny guys, kind of the "Norm and Cliff" of the board.

Archived