What American accent do you have (new version)?

The 'th' is pronounced like an 'ef' in south jersey and Philly. 'souf filly' 'norf filly'

Even the name Anthony is 'Anfonee' to some of them. And the word phone has this weird 'fay own' pronunciation. North Jersey and New York are very similar. Half of 'joizy' takes on the metropolitan city its adjacent to.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've never had a problem with NW accents in the UK,apart from maybe that girly scouse accent that Jamie Carragher has...... :doah:

but a full blooded Geordie accent leaves me clueless... :confused:

raised in Hampshire for most of my life and the burr can be a totally mystery at times.

but Cornish is a totally mystery to me,WTF are they saying.........??????????

but all non Americans know that Americans have no idea of a language or pronounciation or spelling.

my accent is perfect as i grew up in the (2nd) jewel of Englands crown......

i'm cut glass............ :)

Which is really impressive seeing how you Brits have such fucked up teeth and teeth play such an important part in speaking. :neener::grinyes:

I've always had a little bit of a fascination with how certain accents developed.

I have a question with regards to the Liverpool accent. Is it greatly influenced by the Irish accent?

There was a documentary on tv some months ago about Austrailia and the first British inhabitants and how their accent was influenced by the early cockney prisoners but became a mish mash of different accents from all over england.

I can't understand the Geordie (northeast) accent at all. There is a guy at the pub who tells me stories about Newcastle and I have no idea what he's saying, especially when he's drunk and I just nod and smile and laugh when he laughs or I think I'm supposed to laugh.

Archived