What American accent do you have (new version)?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midland

("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.

Midland stretches from Missouri to Pennsylvania. I've lived in SoCal all my life, but I've often been told my accent wasn't typical. Maybe the influence of my Irish parents. :dunno:

(when I was a kid, I used to say weird things like "I amn't" instead of "I'm not" or I ain't")

G'day Tiger,

It's telling me I've got a Northern accent as well.

After a couple of days in the Ozarks, I glad it aint tellin me I talk like them all !!!

I actually found the "Perfect" definition of Revenge while I was in Dallas Texas...... calling your son....Billy Bob Jnr.....poor bastard...5555555

"Home" in 8 days.....almost starting to smile....just thinking about it !!!

Cheers (almost) happy DC

well i went for it and found it extremely silly.

questions were pointless,but for the record i came out as Northeastern.

but all non Americans know that Americans have no idea of a language or pronounciation or spelling.

my accent is perfect as i grew up in the (2nd) jewel of Englands crown......

i'm cut glass............ :)

Picked me out perfectly.

("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.

Archived