Face Washes vs. a Bar of Soap

Fiery Jack

Another madly interesting thread from sad old Fiery Jack, lads. :applause:

For many moons and seasons, I had washed my face with the bog standard bar of (hand)soap beside the wash basin at home or on the bath ledge or in the shower. I don't use flower-scented shower "gels" as I am not a homosexual :nono: A single bar of soap and hot running water is all I need to wash and go.

However, a couple of years ago, I had the good fortune to be offered regular overnight accommodation in the bed and the apartment of a bird I was shagging. :p In her shower, which I used a lot, was a fancily and effeminately--decorated tube of expensive-looking non-foul-smelling "face wash and scrub" which, since it cost me nothing, I began to apply freely to my haggard coupon. I rather got to like it. :clown:

I am not a man with poor skin, and never was. :up: Even in my hormone-jingling teens, when acne-erupting adolescent pals were toting more spots apiece than a boxful of dominoes, I was blemish free. :) In my forties now, I get the occasional pesky zit if I've been hitting the bottle a bit hard and eating improperly :drunk: (i.e. in Thailand) but never anything worthy of genuine alarm.

After the bird in question gave me my marching orders :( I returned to solitary life chez Jacques and my bar of soap. No more separate face wash ointments for me. I have noticed no difference in my skin condition. But I wonder. I see a bewilderingly wide range of "face washes" and "gels" and "scrubs" in the chemist in tubes and plastic pump-dispensers. Some of them appear to be specifically targeted at "men". They seem expensive and unnecessary. But I am a modern thinker, so I thought I would canvas this goodly electronic parish for news and views.

Do you use these "face wash" preparations, or is it only poofs and women?

jack :help:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess they maybe ok if you want nice soft skin and look a bit younger :neener:

Really. :) Hmmmn. :hmmm: (Glances in shaving mirror.)...

...The phrases "beyond repair", "stable door", and "horse has bolted" spring to mind. :(

I'll stick with my bar of industrial coal tar then, chief. :rolleyes:

jack :help:

I'm a snag. Definitely face wash.

It's so much gentler on the facial skin.

That's why I'm 35 but still have a baby face! :D

You guys will regret it when you're older and have a face that looks like a chewed-up running shoe inner sole.

That's probably why so many old blokes you see wandering around Nana, Cowboy and Pats are really ugly - coz they used soap instead of facewash.

Jing.

My bet is the following boardmembers use fashwash:

Christian Troy, Jungle Soup, Drogon, The Numbers, Bibblies, Wearth, Zaad and Sua Dum.

LOL 555,

yep, I use facewash. Well done our resident psychologist :D :thumbup:

Recentely, I ve been trying out new kinds of facewash. There is some vanity involved I admit...but moreover its just a feeling of well bein. I would have skin that can be naturally oily so a good exfoliating wash is useful for those clogged pores.

Anyway...about 3 years ago in Delhi, I had the best face wash/shaving experience in my life...cut throat razor. proper shaving brush and lather for real close shave.

Anyway in the last few weeks, I got my self a cut throar razor...forget all this mach 3 bullshit. This is much better. I m ordering the badger hair brush and proper lather...

As I said, it makes you feel refreshed and alive having a proper shave, and splashing lots of cold water over your face.

The lost art of shaving

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 7 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Archived