Are prices going up ?

mickey707

These things are determined by market forces like any other prices and the idea that prices can be fixed by a punters' union is just silly.

I don't think the prices quite are determined by market forces btw. Firstly, it's Thailand. Secondly, it's an emotional business.

I gave the example of girls all grouping together to offer one asking price, regardless of their own attractiveness (which they must know). If market forces applied, some would surely break away to differentiate their product, to compete on price. Yet they mostly don't because of "face".

And sex is an emotional business that often brings hangups on the buyer side of the equation for us Westerners. Many of us will still, in some way, feel sorry for these girls and find it difficult to be as rational in our negotiation for their services as with, say, a car purchase. Would you really bargain as hard? And, on top of that, there's often embarassment which stops a lot of guys from even bargaining. So market forces don't work that well in this situation, I think.

(Unless you're cold like me. :D But even I have emotions. :( )

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Farangs know too much" More generally' date=' maybe this also helps explains why Thailand is struggling with globalization? Just a thought.[/quote']

Haha. The girl who has just left my room has told me she doesn't want me to speak Thai anywhere. I had to go to be shown off to her friends while pretending it was my first time in Thailand and all that. (It's much more difficult than you'd think!) :D

Today she gave me a little spiel about going to the bank to send money off to her family and jokingly asked for an extra 500B on top of the usual fee. I think the difference between, say, me and Wonderlust, is that, still having hangups, he would have felt sorry for her and taken the request seriously. Most of the time, when the girls ask for gold, bigger money, etc, they're just chancing it and probably can't believe the mugs are actually paying. (It's their equivalent of a man going up to a woman in a western nightclub and saying "Fancy a fuck?" and the girl actually saying yes :grin:)

(Very very nice tits, btw, HH. I haven't managed a pic yet but I'm working on it. :grin: )

Having said all that, I'll still pay more if needed, depending on the girl. I used to get our mutual Angelwitch friend for 1000-1200ST but then she became a "star" and I reckon you'd have to push hard to get 1000-1500S/T from the better lookers in Rainbow and Angelwitch these days. 1500 is certainly doable but sometimes, if I want the girl there and then, I'm not going to spend extra minutes quibbling over an extra 500B or so.

Obviously depends on demand, etc.

The biggest silliness is that the girls all stick to one price even though they're at different levels of attractiveness. No market forces working there!

I don't know where you get the impression I "have hang-ups". I wouldn't have given her the 500 baht extra either. I haven't noticed a significant increase in prices in the past 5 years even though average wages are increasing. How many jobs have zero wage increases over a significant period of time? It can't go on forever. My main point though was that keyboard warriors have been warning about overpayers "spoiling it for the rest of us" for years but it hasn't happened.

I agree totally what you say about different girls being worth different prices. I think a lot of guys who boast about sending the girl away if she even mentions money are probably happy with average looking girls. For some girls they may have 2 regular customers in the bar at the same time competing for her and she knows she could reject both and still have a customer (or two) if she decides to leave it to later in the night. I don't think you'd get very far in a go-go bar trying to get that sort of girl for 1500 baht long time. Her ugly sister might be over the moon at 1000 baht. That's market forces at work.

I don't know where you get the impression I "have hang-ups". I wouldn't have given her the 500 baht extra either.

Maybe I got you mixed up with another of the guys beginning with 'W'. I had the impression that you felt a bit sorry for them.

I haven't noticed a significant increase in prices in the past 5 years even though average wages are increasing. How many jobs have zero wage increases over a significant period of time? It can't go on forever. My main point though was that keyboard warriors have been warning about overpayers "spoiling it for the rest of us" for years but it hasn't happened.

"Keyboard warriors"? :dunno:

I think it has spoiled it a bit. Hard to tell when there are other factors spoiling Bangkok in that time. The 1000-1200S/T Angelwitch girl was in 2001-2. A year or so later she and her pals would be asking more than twice that. That's a bit over inflation, isn't it?

Maybe she was cute but the real stinger is that average and less than average girls are asking the same so it's getting to the same level as say Amsterdam or Germany. Seems a bit excessive considering relative average wage levels, doesn't it?

I agree totally what you say about different girls being worth different prices. I think a lot of guys who boast about sending the girl away if she even mentions money are probably happy with average looking girls. For some girls they may have 2 regular customers in the bar at the same time competing for her and she knows she could reject both and still have a customer (or two) if she decides to leave it to later in the night. I don't think you'd get very far in a go-go bar trying to get that sort of girl for 1500 baht long time. Her ugly sister might be over the moon at 1000 baht. That's market forces at work.

Yes, I'm usually sceptical about this too. Although you can be lucky with a new girl or other factors. It is an emotional business and there is 'face'. Normal market forces don't quite apply. Do you see them reducing their prices in low season or when they lack customers? Having a 'Sale'? :D

please explaine?

The quality of poster has dramatically waned.

A handful of guys monopolize maybe 75% of the posts on Thai360 with their endless chit-chat, redundant statements, silly insiders jokes and recurrent topics.

I'm surely not the only one to find that fact really boring.

Have you recently read something interesting here ?

ST in Pattaya 5 years ago was typically 1000-1500 baht for a go-go girl and it's the same today. I don't think you can use the example of an overrated Bangkok bar as typical for what's happening in the scene. If wages increased by 5% each year then they double about once every 15 years. Prices may have increased slightly on average (more girls looking for 1500 or even 2000 ST) but things don't seem to have changed much and they're not going up at an unreasonable rate. Some of you guys remind me of old ladies in the supermarket complaining that everything is "very dear".

please explaine?

The quality of poster has dramatically waned.

A handful of guys monopolize maybe 75% of the posts on Thai360 with their endless chit-chat' date=' redundant statements, silly insiders jokes and recurrent topics.

I'm surely not the only one to find that fact really boring.

Have you recently read something interesting here ?[/quote']

Then why aren't you posting anything interesting? If you are bored with this board, move on. Why when you and your buddy are banned, do you come back? Contribute something besides negative comments, and the board will improve.

Then why aren't you posting anything interesting? If you are bored with this board, move on. Why when you and your buddy are banned, do you come back? Contribute something besides negative comments, and the board will improve.

I love you too, Peckerwood. :rotfl:

Anyway you're right, my 1300 posts of errant gibberish in the Regional section are unnecessary and non-productive and should be removed. :)

BTW Gomer, when have I been banned ?

not Moldova again please. :)

Off to Bucarest, Black Sea coast and then Chisinau very soon, for one and half month, yet don't worry, I'll keep my reports and my pics of 19 yo naughty romanian and moldovian lingerie models dyevuskas for other boards.

:smirk:

Archived