Are prices going up ?

mickey707

I think the problem some have with being overcharged is not asking "How much?"

I never ask "how much". And if some bird asks me how much I'll give her, I give her a pass. I pay enough that I've never been turned down by the same girl at a later date. But I KNOW I don't "over pay". Bottom line is that if the girl doesn't open negotiations, she's left herself to the good graces of the customer and what he decides she's worth. It helps to be "jai dee" and handsome. In fact, though in my 60's, if I colored my white hair, I could pass for 30-35

:smirk:

HH

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It helps to be "jai dee" and handsome. In fact, though in my 60's, if I colored my white hair, I could pass for 30-35

:smirk:

HH

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

I often feel like a 19 year old.... but "She" won't let me have one..... not really complaining....

....and ...If I lost 20 kilos...I could pass for a "Middle weight"... :smirk: :smirk: :grinyes: :smirk: :smirk:

One thing that hasn't changed and will never change is keyboard warriors moaning that overpayers are "spoiling it for the rest of us". I think Stickman started it off a decade ago and it has been grinding on and on ever since.

That's because it does cause price inflation. How can it not?

Torrenova gave you the non-emotional 100B for 20B noodles example for those of you who still obviously have hang-ups and feel sorry for girls who choose this line of work.

I'm not sure where he's going with that line of thought. You can go to a "classy" restaurant and buy a meal for 500 baht even though it may not necessarily be any better than a 50 baht meal bought from a street vendor. If you don't want to pay the 500 baht you shouldn't go to that restaurant. These things are determined by market forces like any other prices and the idea that prices can be fixed by a punters' union is just silly.

Pity your post count isn't even going to make it past 900 before you're banned... again.

Pity this board is now turning to a cheap mongers boys band.

The fact is that you and your chit-chat "friends" are spoiling this forum with useless and silly stuff.

:mad:

:yeahthat:

So why do you both bother to post/read here? why not just use the ignore feature? or better yet' date=' find another board to post on that better suits your style?[/quote']

ah yes, another constructive comment from the resident know-it-all...merely confirming what prosal hinted at...may i humbly suggest you just ignore anyone with fewer posts than you?

our french contributers at least do provide interesting posts, which is more than can be said of the serial-posters, and certainly of this piglet who just seems to push for the banning of others (is your pen getting too small?), like kojis and mark...

back to the subject:

1. over time, prices tend to go up, not down. the main exeption being japan which has been enjoying deflation for quite a while...

2. it's a free market...and all "service" providers should try and get the best (read: highest) price they can get...the "correct" price is whatever the market can bear...you don't like thai prices? go elsewhere...raping a sex-slave in a cambodian brothel still comes cheap...

3. why would anyone even consider bidding for the services of one of the stretchmarked, semi-literate isaan slappers, who seem to make up 88% of the "talent" on show in sc/np/patty?

4. as buddha said, the "sexual revolution" going on in thailand (bangkok, at least) is making it easier than ever to hook up with rtgs...who are vastly more fun and interesting than their "wo you name, whe you flom?" counterparts...

"Farangs know too much" More generally, maybe this also helps explains why Thailand is struggling with globalization? Just a thought.

Haha. The girl who has just left my room has told me she doesn't want me to speak Thai anywhere. I had to go to be shown off to her friends while pretending it was my first time in Thailand and all that. (It's much more difficult than you'd think!) :D

Today she gave me a little spiel about going to the bank to send money off to her family and jokingly asked for an extra 500B on top of the usual fee. I think the difference between, say, me and Wonderlust, is that, still having hangups, he would have felt sorry for her and taken the request seriously. Most of the time, when the girls ask for gold, bigger money, etc, they're just chancing it and probably can't believe the mugs are actually paying. (It's their equivalent of a man going up to a woman in a western nightclub and saying "Fancy a fuck?" and the girl actually saying yes :grin:)

(Very very nice tits, btw, HH. I haven't managed a pic yet but I'm working on it. :grin: )

Having said all that, I'll still pay more if needed, depending on the girl. I used to get our mutual Angelwitch friend for 1000-1200ST but then she became a "star" and I reckon you'd have to push hard to get 1000-1500S/T from the better lookers in Rainbow and Angelwitch these days. 1500 is certainly doable but sometimes, if I want the girl there and then, I'm not going to spend extra minutes quibbling over an extra 500B or so.

Obviously depends on demand, etc.

The biggest silliness is that the girls all stick to one price even though they're at different levels of attractiveness. No market forces working there!

I'm not sure where he's going with that line of thought. You can go to a "classy" restaurant and buy a meal for 500 baht even though it may not necessarily be any better than a 50 baht meal bought from a street vendor. If you don't want to pay the 500 baht you shouldn't go to that restaurant. These things are determined by market forces like any other prices and the idea that prices can be fixed by a punters' union is just silly.

The example Torrenova was giving was going up to a street vendor and giving her 100B for noodles when she was prepared to sell for 20B.

I have no quibble with going into a fancy restaurant or fancy P4P establishment, like, say Poseidon, and paying those prices. In fact, I do. But to pay an average-looking gogo girl 2500, 3000 even 4000B short time is just silly.

And of course that will affect her expectations of prices for the next guy, if enough guys do that.

I don't think he's saying that or being negative.

He's saying that posting things like " :whatever: "

is silly and exclusive.

I want to hear all points of view, about cheap OH mongering, higher class kojis mongering and the free stuff that buddha's getting in RCA/Ratchada or wherever.

What's the point in being exclusive and taking the trouble to post petty negative comments like "The fact is that you and your chit-chat "friends" are spoiling this forum with useless and silly stuff." :dunno:

I never ask "how much". And if some bird asks me how much I'll give her, I give her a pass. I pay enough that I've never been turned down by the same girl at a later date.

I'm exactly the same. I never discuss the cost and if she does she's history. Over many years I can only recall a couple of occasions when the girl wasn't happy with what I gave her.

Archived