CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 07/08

sayjann

as you say the next round of Games are not until Feb and form can change.

but at the moment i wouldn't want to face any of the Spanish or Italian Teams.

but in the next 2 Months i cannot see their form changing that much and they will still all be strong.

the English Teams will also be strong,so some interesting Ties coming up.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really believe that if you want to win the CL you have to get used to beating the big teams.

When Liverpool won it in 2005 we beat Chelsea, Barca and AC Milan. Bring the fuckers on, they will be more scared of meeting Liverpool than we will be of meeting them.

Let the Arse and ManU go out quietly to the likes of Fenerbahce and Lyon

:wanker::wanker:

xmas-smiley-7700.gif

Let the Arse and ManU go out quietly to the likes of Fenerbahce and Lyon

:wanker::wanker:xmas-smiley-7700.gif

Not much chance of that matey.. The only difference for us in the draw is we can get Porto to your Seville..

But I do agree with you, who gives a fuck. It's straight cup football and none of this group bullshit.

Bring on Barca so we can do to Terry Henry what we did to Paddy Vierra's Juve a couple years ago ..

Have a nice haj and slaughter a goat for me ..

Cheers

K

kman, Henry has said his biggest dread is to face us. Too much emotion for him and he says he knows it will probably work out that way.

AC Milan have not won at home I think and is languishing in mid table or thereabouts. They may be susceptible to a beating, plus they have some old legs at the back. Kaka can change a game though.

In actuality, with everyone healthy, I don't fear too many folks. People will look at our most recent games and make conclusions and all I can say is that had we had Cesc, Hleb and RvP, the Newcastle and 'boro results could have been totally different in our favor. Injuries are part of the game and anything can happen, but truth is there are 4 players who have carried us for the most part and 3 of them were out with injuries. If Man Yoo lost Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez at the same time they'd be hardpressed to get a result in the same fixtures.

No one wants to face us in the CL. Liverpool as well and althogh I may be accused of bias and even though they are recent champions, I think teams would fear us a wee bit more. I have a strange feeling that at least 3 of the 4 english sides will make it past the next phase.

I actually think man yoo look particularly strong and could end up in the final. Just a gut feeling, that would turn into an ulcer if that happened. I pray it doesn't happen though. Having to hear Sayjann alone is enough to not to want them in it.

pretty obvious statement Teddy.

of course at some stage a Team will have to meet a 'big' Team and get past them.

but it's got to the stage now where MU and Chelsea are in a no-win situation.

they will be expected to beat any of their possible opponents,but if they get knocked out it would be a bit of a shock.

but if Liverpool and Arsenal go out then it wouldn't be seen as bad because they would have been playing better Teams then MU and Chelsea.

but it gets even worse in the next rounds for the English Teams as the last thing they want is to be drawn against another English Team and lose.

In actuality, with everyone healthy, I don't fear too many folks. People will look at our most recent games and make conclusions and all I can say is that had we had Cesc, Hleb and RvP, the Newcastle and 'boro results could have been totally different in our favor. Injuries are part of the game and anything can happen, but truth is there are 4 players who have carried us for the most part and 3 of them were out with injuries. If Man Yoo lost Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez at the same time they'd be hardpressed to get a result in the same fixtures.

United have been Missing Nev's Scholes and for the best part of this season Hargreaves, but we don't make excuses based on that fact.

United have been Missing Nev's Scholes and for the best part of this season Hargreaves, but we don't make excuses based on that fact.

So, Neville and Scholes and even Hargreaves are more important to the team than Rooney, Ronaldo or Tevez? Well, far be it for me to tell a man yoo fan which one they would rather have out. But for rivals and neutrals that seems a bit 'rich' to suggest that Neville and Scholes are more important than Rooney and Ronaldo...and probably most man yoo fans as well as if you asked them. But again, its your team. You can choose who is the more important players to your success.

I can speak for Arsenal though (i've elected myself) and Cesc and Hleb have carried us.

Neville will walk back into the Team.

MU have been playing with substitute right-backs since March,he is still the best at the Club.

and Scholes will be more important than Nani or Anderson once he returns.

the new signings have been rushed into the Team due to Scholes' injury.

this Season would normally have been a settling in period but not to be.

but they haven't done too badly so far and i like the look of Anderson.

So, Neville and Scholes and even Hargreaves are more important to the team than Rooney, Ronaldo or Tevez? Well, far be it for me to tell a man yoo fan which one they would rather have out. But for rivals and neutrals that seems a bit 'rich' to suggest that Neville and Scholes are more important than Rooney and Ronaldo...and probably most man yoo fans as well as if you asked them. But again, its your team. You can choose who is the more important players to your success.

I can speak for Arsenal though (i've elected myself) and Cesc and Hleb have carried us.

OK lets look at the players I mentioned and the ones you memtioned. Out of 16 League games the number of appearances are :-

Tevez 15

Ronaldo 12

Scholes 10

Rooney 9

Hargreaves 8

Neville 0

So in fact Rooney has been out more than Scholes this season. And as for Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez playing together there have only been 7 league games in which all three have played together. Then there is Silvestre who has only made 2 starts, Saha 2 starts and 7 times on the bench.

Now for you to state that Arsenals injuries have been more significant than Uniteds is either a supercillious viewpoint or total naivety about any team other than your beloved Arsenal. I am not saying that Arsenals current injuries are any less significant than Uniteds, merely pointing out the fact that some of us do not use injuries and / or suspensions as an excuse as soon as a couple of results go against us, it is part and parcel of the game and demonstrates the need for strenght in depth of the squad.

Archived