CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 07/08

sayjann

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The draw just goes to show the importance of winning your group with Liverpool probably getting the the most difficult task against Inter Milan one of the teams I expect everyone wanted to avoid based on Inter's Current League form.

On Paper you could say that Arsenal should be able to overcome AC Milan, but as they demonstrated last season when they were out of contention for Serie A they put all effort into Champions League, I am looking forward to these 2 games.

I feel Chelsea got he easiest draw, when their name was pulled it was only Olympiacos or Fenerbache the 2 weekest teams, but it is easier to go to Greece than Turkey for the first leg.

As for Man Utd, concidering who they could have been paired with, this is probably the most difficult draw they could have got, but at the end of the day if you wish to progress in the competition you have to compete against whoever is left. Even though Lyon are top of Ligue 1 I take comfort from the fact that they have had 4 defeats in the league Rangers managed to get a result against them in the Champions League.

I predict that 7 of the 8 ties will go in favour of the group winners and for Arsenal to get the better of AC Milan. Even though I am Man Utd born and bred I will still be rooting for Arsenal in this one, I have never hidden the fact that I enjoy watching them play.

Chelsea should go through. I think Man Yoo should as well. Lyon are not the same Lyon of a couple years ago, when they had Diarra, Essien, Wiltord and others. Even then they couldn't progress in the competition. It won't be a cake walk but Man Yoo should go through without too many problems.

Liverpool have it tough. Inter are loaded. They are great in serie a but have to transform that to europe. They haven't been a major european force for a while now.

AC Milan has to be considered the favorites. They are the european champions and have been in the finals a few times recently. I actually like this draw. We aren't expected to beat them so if we lose its AC Milan, we're supposed to lose to them, just like Real Madrid a couple years ago. However, if we beat them we make club history. I think we'll squeak by..hopefully.

I still expect to see Man Yoo in the final unless they draw Barca or RM in the semis. I think they can beat everyone else.

• 1 month later...

i saw the Game up until the 1st Goal and thought Inter were shite.

Liverpool had most of the possession but still seemed to struggle making chances.

but a 2-0 scoreline is good to take to Milan,i can't see Liverpool losing by 3 Goals.

but i can't see them scoring either.

congrat to Giggs for becoming the 8th Player to feature in 100 CL Games....... :thumbup:

Scholes and Red Nev to follow.

i'm happy with the draw against Lyon,i would have settled for that before kick-off.

MU had a lot of possession but were lacking once they got to the Penalty Area.

hopefuly we will kill them off at OT,but i KNOW we will score at least once.

saw some of the Arsenal Game and they looked AWESOME.

they should have won by 3/4 Goals and i fully expect this SUPERB Team to thrash Milan at the San Siro and make history...... :thumbup: :thumbup:

I only saw the highlights of the man utd game and Tevez getting them a late equalizer. Highlights can be misleading. Who dominated the game?

Sayjann, taking the piss with his glowing reports on us..lol...although from what I saw its actually pretty close to the truth. We really should have won and may not go through because of our lack of finishing. I expect to see a different Milan side.

Very proud of Celtic for a heroic display. I'm a 'Gers fan but glad to see Celtic give Barca all they can handle.

Roma in a shocker over Real Madrid. Makes for an interesting return leg.

i'm disappointed in you Steve,thinking i might take the piss is beneath you..... :(

seriously from what i saw Arsenal deserved to win and played some good Football.

Milan are a top team in Serie A but Italian Teams don't travel well and struggle against the top Teams away from home.

Arsenal need a Goal in the San Siro but history is against you.

RM should overcome Roma because they are at home and have an away Goal,but i was'nt surprised Roma won their home Game.

MU had a LOT of possession against Lyon but mainly in Midfield and ran out of ideas when they reached the Penalty area.

but i could sense a Goal coming and the introduction of Nani and Tevez changed the Game.

but i would have been happy with a 1-0 defeat knowing we will have them at OT.

Archived