Do punters still go to Patpong?

Abe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....It's not the same now. The old Patpong had outside beerbars....

I can think of 6 outside beerbars on PP2.

I can think of 12 and another 2 dozen each on PP3 and PP4! :neener:

and then there are the small upstair Karaokes on PP2; ever sing a Thai song in there!

The Suriwong end of Patpong and Silom on the Patpong side are both rip offs. However simply cross to the other side of Silom to the area outside McDonalds and I have never had a taxi not use his meter there.

Have some one got a map so I know what your talking about, only been there twice in all the years going there got ripped of twice by taxis never went back.

The Suriwong end of Patpong and Silom on the Patpong side are both rip offs. However simply cross to the other side of Silom to the area outside McDonalds and I have never had a taxi not use his meter there.

Have some one got a map so I know what your talking about' date=' only been there twice in all the years going there got ripped of twice by taxis never went back.

[/quote']

Map MAP

Thanks for the map I can see a Mac Donald's on Suriwong Rd the Map but not Silom Rd like The_Munchmaster said

"However simply cross to the other side of Silom to the area outside McDonalds and I have never had a taxi not use his meter there."

It's not complicated. Just note that while taxi's parked adjacent to patpong mostly don't use their meter that on the other side of the street every taxi, parked or not does use it. Never, ever use a taxi that does not put on the meter no matter where you are. It means you are getting ripped off.

Ever try to get a taxi late on New Years Eve in BKK, no one goes meter, and most drivers are home or drunk already. Even the Thais get ripped on New Years Eve. You pay or you don't go. Same can be said vying for taxi around Khao San Road during Songkran.

But Patpong, just cross the Silom, look to the left where the taxis are turning down the sidestreet next to the Central Dept. Store complex and stop one of them turning--no meter. Suriwong can be hit and miss, simply grab a taxi that's dropping people off.

Finally, if it's not after midnight, walk two blocks and go BTS or Subway, they both run until midnight.

Archived