Do punters still go to Patpong?

Abe

I dont really feel sorry for the girls who work in the bars, i wouldn't go to them if i did, that would be very hypocritical indeed.

What im saying is that, from my experience, taking their clothes off "all the way" in the semi-public enclave of a bar is deeply humiliating for a lot of the girls (that whole shuffling around trying to keep their hands covering the vagina is deeply unattractive). So why this massive clamour for them to do so? especially as pretty soon afterwards you are going to get them naked in your room where they will be a lot more comfortable and a lot more energetic.

I was responding to a post above that seemed to think all bars should be naked and its just bar owner lazyness that they all arent these days

But upto you, you think what you like

Your point about Nana parking lot has nothing to with girls feeling uncomfortable going naked go go bars what so ever, once again someone is putting words into my mouth to further their own point of view. Try to avoid that, it makes it difficult to debate, as i say

Otherwise this is gonna become 6 pages of "i bet what your gonna say" or "what you really meant, was"

which im not sure is that useful to anyone

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trouble is, Bibs, is that most of Nana is first-time BKK punters, or guys who drive a bus back home on their annual 2 week piss-up and root-fest and think that a stage full of birds shuffling in bikinis is the best thing since sliced bread.

Huh.. Nana is my favorite area in Bangkok.

Also, I completely don't care about the state of undress that bars manage to get away with.

I *seriously* dislike Patpong. It's a package tour tourist trap above anything else.

I don't think going nude is deeply humiliating for the girls at all. If the girls could make as much money just for stripping as they do for prostituting themselves they would do that instead (as they do in many western countries and even some bars in Thailand). Some of the show girls in Pattaya who prefer to stay in the bar exposing their :shocked: vaginas :shocked: than prostitute themselves see their shows as an art and are very proud of what they do.

And on the subject of putting words into people's mouths what do you call this:

No, nobody puts a gun to their heads, what a great point, they are all just greedy sluts!

They are probably all millionaires too, why not give 1 a black eye next time to really hammer that point home?

Now can we move on from this poor little humiliated girls bullshit and get back to the subject of Patpong?

I *seriously* dislike Patpong. It's a package tour tourist trap above anything else.

Say what you will about Patpong (and it's not my favorite place either), but it is hands-down the cheapest area of its kind in Bangkok for drinks.

preahko

It was me who said bars should 'show' and that I suspected bar laziness in not trying hard enough to circumvent it. I think especially Rainbow has got used to it and, as long as customers turn up, they can't be bothered to try. I'd pay an extra 20% on drinks if that was the extra tea money it took. I suspect they're not interested though because they can't even be bothered to change the old bikinis. As long as customers turn up...

By showing I meant tits, not pussy. I don't object to nudity but tits are enough to make me horny and want to barfine a girl. Seeing pussy in the bars doesn't add much for me. I'd be happy with pasties or maybe even with thinner bikini tops (which bars apart from Angelwitch don't even seem to try).

However, having said that, I have observed two things over the years:

1. The girls that I've known haven't been paid much more for nudity over toplessness. They could make up the difference in one S/T. Yet they continue to choose to do it.

2. Girls complain a lot about things they have to do. Yet they continue to choose to do these things.

If you want something on the original subject, I don't go to Patpong precisely because it hasn't shown for years (downstairs anyway). They even backtracked on the few pasties they had in the downstairs Kings Group bars. That's apart from the annoying market. (Whose idea was it to combine a stupid market with a gogo district? :doah:)

Trouble is' date=' Bibs, is that most of Nana is first-time BKK punters, or guys who drive a bus back home on their annual 2 week piss-up and root-fest and think that a stage full of birds shuffling in bikinis is the best thing since sliced bread.[/quote']

Huh.. Nana is my favorite area in Bangkok.

Also, I completely don't care about the state of undress that bars manage to get away with.

Were you ever here in Nana in 1996-2001? It pissed on now.

I'd actually argue that half the trouble is that Nana's been 'Patpongised' quite a bit since then.

The best thing about Patpong before was that it took all the guidebook attention away. Now you see a lot of non sex-tourists coming to gawp in Nana, not Patpong. It is getting much closer to the next tourist trap rather than the monger only district it was.

How could you not care about the state of undress in a gogo bar? :dunno: You might as well go to a normal bar if that's the case.

Archived