Do punters still go to Patpong?

Abe

I gave it another chance last night and, like all the other times, wondered why I bothered.

Even the two or three bars that are supposed to contain the eye candy - Kings Castle, Camelot, etc - just contain fatter uglier versions of what might be in Rainbow on its worst ever night. They're dressed in bigger bikinis (half of them not even G-strings) and the bars are smaller.

The other bars on that side of Patpong 1 are shit and lacklustre. The other side of that street is a fucking loss - I don't know know why it's even there. Electric Blue on Patpong 2 was maybe the best gogo there but it's nothing on most bars in Nana let alone Cowboy. Overdressed.

It IS fucking shit. Old soi 0 on Sukhumvit used to be about as good. :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cant be that out of date, Screw Boy is brand new, no?

Yes and no. Screw boys was converted to a beer bar about a year ago (stocked with girls) and the name changed. I walked past there the other day and was amazed to see that Screw boys is back! It is the only gay bar in any of the gogo areas. But yes, that map is WAY out of date.

Also noticed Pink Panther has changed again. It's gone from gogo to coyote bar to now a beer bar. The only commonality is they have kept the boxing show.

Kiss bar and Pussy Collection are making an effort to become decent gogos by increasing the number and looks of the girls, though still not to the kings group level.

King Castle 3 now has girls in school like uniforms in addition to the katoeys in bikinis.

Upstairs bars in patpong that show seem to be ratcheting up prices. 150 baht for a black. Beers may still be a lot less. Doesn't really bother me as I don't really care for the shows and in recent years the girls in them are not that good looking without exception.

Screw boys was converted to a beer bar about a year ago (stocked with girls) and the name changed. I walked past there the other day and was amazed to see that Screw boys is back! It is the only gay bar in any of the gogo areas.

you have just to cross Surawong from Patpong and there are a dozen or more gay gogo's! :neener:

I still like the pong for the last drink. It's nasty and seedy. Its always open when Nana and Cowboy have gone to bed.

Characters, characters ....that's what its all about. Drinking some weird blue stuff with a bunch of drunks I've never met.....great stuff.

I miss the days of the outside bars at sunrise, watching all the Thai office girls watching me drunk at 6-7am

Ah, come on ....ofcourse it is! A night not worth having is 4 pints of stella down the White lion watching old fellas excaping from their wives for a few hours and reading the mail over a pint of best.

And then the above could be a good night if you are stuck in the Middle East!

I have NEVER had a night not worth having in the pong! It has cold beer and warm pussy.

Neo, before the Nana style bars started to appear in Cowboy it was'nt as i'm sure you remember just small bars. Plenty of larger bars with plenty of girls. Many of the new bars share the same owners with Nana bars and for me their arrival marked the start of a decline in attitude and an increase in prices. And IMHO the atmosphere of the street is just not the same now.

Simie.

Archived