Do punters still go to Patpong?

Abe

JC massage has nice facilities and some attractive ladies. I have been quoted 1900-4000 for different ladies there.

The most attractive woman I have ever spoken to was employed at JC massage and was taking a cig break as I put putted by on my motorbike. I spoke to her for a bit and was blown away by how hot she was. Upon my visit to JC massage she was not there.

A bird in the hand is not quite the same as having your hands on her bush.

I too like PP as a watering hole preakho. Cosmo bar is a top notch destination for a relaxing beer and shoulder rub with no 'buy me dink' pressure.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Huh.. Nana is my favorite area in Bangkok.

Also, I completely don't care about the state of undress that bars manage to get away with.

I *seriously* dislike Patpong. It's a package tour tourist trap above anything else.

Well you obviously don't much about PP. Your tourist trap comments are totally bull. Perhaps you like NEP because they alow you enter in your ethnic ridiculous clothing?

Have been going to Patpong for years. Like other posters, I do like Cosmos. Always enjoy Star of Light for their oral services. Madrid Bar in Patpong 1 has great food. Admittedly have not tried all places in BKK, but to me, Madrid has best pizza in BKK.

This will sound strange given the chaos that is PP (market and all), but I go to PP to relax, kick back in a few bars, eat, and get eaten (SOL). I mentally ignore the plethora of tourists. I really do not monger actively there, although I do order takeout at SOL from time to time.

I would argue that more expats go regularly to Patpong (especially PP2)than go to what I call the tourist areas of Nana or Sukhumvit. Simply put there are far more MNC's in the Silom / Sathorn area than Sukhumvit and it is a convenient stopping off point after work.

Soi Cowboy/Soi 33 are slightly different with an eclectic mix of tourists and residents. Nana is in a league of its own when it comes to its "McDonalds" type hooker hunters. The place has no character like Patpong and will never come close in comparison.

I will say Cowboy is starting to lose appeal with the introduction of bigger and more glitzy bars. Just 7 or 8 years ago it was far more intimate and IMHO more fun before the likes of Baccara, Shark, Dollhouse, Suzie's and Sheba's came along. Don't get me wrong I am friends with a few of the owners of these places, but the character of the soi has gone south since it became more glitzy and neon driven.

I would lose no sleep whatsoever if Nana closed down tomorrow, but if, god forbid, Patpong closed down I would be at a loss.

I have for years been praising Patpong with little support amongst visitors to Thai message boards. Perhaps that's a good thing because I would hate to see an influx of clueless "2 week wonders" invading the place. Before anyone says PP is full of them already, the majority of tourists only migrate to the night market on PP1 and rarely venture onto PP2.

Farangman, you have echoed my thoughts almost exactly. I've never been a big Nana fan and always thought the place was grossly over rated. I used to love Cowboy and like you thought it had far more character a few years ago before all the "glitzy" bars started to appear. I remember when that started to happen some people including Stickman said it would improve the place. I always thought the exact opposite and that the "Nanaisation" of Cowboy would ruin it. And as you say it now appears as if that is happening/happened. On the original topic of Patpong, as you and others have said i think it is the prefered haunt of many expats, as many live or work in the Silom/Sathorn area and once you know which bars to go in and develop the trick of making the night market tourists and touts "invisible" it does have a lot to offer.

Simie.

simie, you have echoed my thoughts exactly. The night market can be a bit of an eyesore, it's true, but walk behind the stalls (and on PP2) and it's no problem to move around. I kind of like the bright lights and crowds on a night out - and if you're living in Bangkok, the touts don't hassle you too much. To me, PP is good for a bit of a night out every few months - buy a lot of lady drinks in an upstairs bar, get the bgs naked and a little drunk, and have fun shocking the few tourists who come upstairs for a pingpong show!

The bj bars alone make PP a special place for me...

I like the big new glitzy bars in Cowboy. I avoid the small bars and always have; they bore the crap out of me and the girl quality seems lower, no matter whether the bar is in patpong, Cowboy, or Nana. I like gogo's with lots of eye candy on stage and neon. The more the better. There's also more anonymity in big bars where you can just blend in instead of being the focal point in a near empty bar with a handful of girls.

:yeahthat:

Exactly my thoughts.

Why would you want to go to gogo bars without flesh? :dunno:

Why would you want to go to gogo bars for 'character'? :dunno:

I go to check out as many naked/near-naked attractive women as possible with the aim of getting horny enough to barfine them. If someone wants the other things, there are surely other types of bars, plenty of other areas already.

Having said I hate the lack of showing, I somehow got over it enough last night to barfine a R4 girl. (Her tits shone through the bikini. :) )

And Nana was a lot of fun last night. There are those who call the stunners in Rainbow bars and Angelwitch cold but I was getting a lot of smiles and attention. I think it was my T-shirt. You know when you find a new T-shirt that just makes you feel good and it becomes your favourite?

I call him 'Golden Boy'. :D

I live on that side of town and wander through PP from time to time and yes the touts are absolutely invisible, never bother me and there is some fine eye candy in the Pong. One aspect I hate is the go go bars freqeuntly smell like toilet :thumbdown: and in general it is pretty tacky...but still can be a lot of fun. :)

Archived