I'm Not Gay! But my bf is

Steve

Steve,

You may recall I have said a few times, that when I spoke up for equal rights for black people, no one called me black, same with equal rights for Mexicans, women, etc...but the second you speak up about gay rights, everyone calls you a fag...just fucked up in my book.

What a great point, i doff my cap to you in respect.

Ill use that line myself, cheers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed OH, and its a reflection of society. At one point in history they would have called you a N-lover if you stood up for civil rights. Society changed. It may change for gays as well. Its one of the last bastions left.

I think you'd see its regional as well. You can be straight and stand up for gay rights in LA or SF without as much 'worry' as being called names as you would in say Alabama or South Carolina.

A friend of mine used to be an admin assistant (woooo, bigshot!) for the WWF.

They had all these characters like an undertaker, some voodoo guy, a sumo wrestler, you know the sort of thing and also a flamboyant gay character in a gold wig and makeup.

They never got any letters in asking "is he really an Undertaker?" etc, but would get 100's, sometimes 1000's of letters a week asking if this character (forget the name) was "really gay?"

So strange how it touches a nerve with a lot of people, even 12 year old kids from fucking Tennessee or whatever

i may have used the DM as my reference but they did at least tell the truth.

nothing much different from a couple of so called 'better' Newspapers

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2395549.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/06/nfoster106.xml

the point was that this case is typical in the UK.

the Social Services are well known for their mistakes and because of that Children have been abused or died over a period of time.

the fact that these Men were a same sex couple should not have made a difference in the case,but it did.

the SS were too scared to do anything after hearing rumours and not investigating enough because the thought of offending the Gay Community was scary in their eyes.

perhaps if they had actually done their job some Children might have been spared horrible abuse.

of course couple's of same sex are no terrible than Hetrosexual couple's,but any hint of abuse from any sort of couple should be investagated and all 'adoptions' stopped.

i work with a South African Nurse who happens to be black,she is fucking terrible.

staff and patients have moaned about her for about 3 Years and the bosses want to get rid of her.

but she uses the race card.......... :banghead:

if anyone happens to have a word with her she comes out with the 'i'm Black,you are racist and i will take you to court'

ok her right to do so but maybe not right in many people's eyes.

if you are shite at your job you shouldn't be able to use the race of sexuality card.

my bosses would have no problem sacking me if i fuck up but other can get away with it.

but hey,i'm white and straight..........

Archived