I'm Not Gay! But my bf is

Steve

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can definitely see your point in doubting. Given the right circumstances I think its very plausible. By all accounts, Colin Powell could have ran in '96 and '00 and won.

Had Maddy Albright been born in the U.S. she would have given a good account depending on who she ran against.

If he wasn't flaming and came to fame for non gay issues, and was articulate, etc. and under the right circumstances, he'd get a pass. I really do but we can agree to disagree. If he was a republican he could win.

CS,

Single = no pass

gay = no pass

Somehow the First Lady job affects this I think. Family values PC bullcrap has a lot to do with this, and america is very family values oriented in the rural midwest and other non-urban areas of the states. I don't think either a single or gay candidate could/will win for another 50 to 100 years in the USA. Single men (especially older not having been divorced or widowed) are suspect. What do they suspect them of? Well, homosexuality of course. As for gay man/woman getting elected president, well, in the big cities it would not be a big problem, but taking into account the god-fearing bible thumping rest of the country and no, I do not think in our lifetimes and possibly our kids lifetimes it will happen. Unless religion starts to play less of a role in our politics it will not happen.

Cent

I can definitely see your point in doubting. Given the right circumstances I think its very plausible. By all accounts, Colin Powell could have ran in '96 and '00 and won.

Had Maddy Albright been born in the U.S. she would have given a good account depending on who she ran against.

If he wasn't flaming and came to fame for non gay issues, and was articulate, etc. and under the right circumstances, he'd get a pass. I really do but we can agree to disagree. If he was a republican he could win.

Steve,

Will not happen. California might go for it in L.A. and SFO, but we are only a few. The fuck wits in middle America and other places, and the fag haters in general will Never go for it, not now, not ever...not an openly gay president. Keep in mind, 30% of Americans still think GWB is doing a good job.

Some do claim James Buchanan was gay (the only single man ever elected president)Some also claim Abe Lincoln may have gone both ways. But again, neither was openly gay.

As Homer Simpson says, and i agree

"I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaming, I'm sorry that's just the way i am"

with that in mind, my nominees for '08 are

250px-Kenny_Everett.jpg

areyoubeingserved_1.jpg

and

039_45474~George-Clooney-Posters.jpg

you may have to trust me on the last one....

Now that the tapes are all over the media I must admit to having a few second thoughts about this. It comes down to the cop's word against the senators's. Entrapment? Misunderstanding?....hey....I'm just saying. I know, I know....he signed the guilty statement but maybe he just wanted it all to go away?

Now that the tapes are all over the media I must admit to having a few second thoughts about this. It comes down to the cop's word against the senators's. Entrapment? Misunderstanding?....hey....I'm just saying. I know, I know....he signed the guilty statement but maybe he just wanted it all to go away?

Ok, so he was in a specific men's room, known for this type of activity, which is why the cops had it staked out in the first place. He makes a known gesture/solicitation, all too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

My incredibly gay cousin has told me that there are specific places gays know to go to and seek this sort of thing out, certain gestures/signals which are used to identify and solicit, hence, I tend to think his story is all bullshit.

Archived