I'm Not Gay! But my bf is

Steve

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH has to make the call. :soapbox:

He is 100% gay! UNLESS, the guy offering to blow him was dressed as a woman, then we can throw in the LOS temporary invocation of non gayness based on attire. Normally, this is reserved for use only in LOS, but we can make exception for republicans in denial.

In all seriousness, I think part of the reason we have a shit government is that we jump on all the little crap in their lives, and act like it some how matters.

Frankly, I could care less, if the USA president was a flaming katoey who blew guys in a public men's room for relaxation, if he/she ran the country properly, protected my retirement, got national health care, didn't start wars etc...the reason we are in the mess we are in, isbecause we are such judgemental assholes, that we condem people for how they get a sexual release, and thus *maybe* prevent someone with a skeleton (or evening gown) in their closet from seeking the office and actually doing a good job. Er, not that I know such people, but you get the idea.

Americans, in general, will accept a gay candidate I think as long as his/her don't let their gayness define them. As long as they are main message isn't their sexual orientation and that they just happen to be gay. The nation has grown in that respect. Colin Powell just happens to be black, JFK just happened to be Catholic, VP candidate Lieberman just happened to be jewish. These guys are known for other things than their race or religion. 50 years ago none could have run for national office.

The same can happen for a gay candidate.

quite right Shygye.

in the UK many Politicos cultivate an image of Family life while getting involved in seedier things outside of it.

people see the Family and think they are a good person because of the Family image which is portrayed.

people who are not married are looked upon as suspicious,there must be some reason they have never married.....

and i agree with CS that sexual orientation or colour makes no difference to me as long as thay are trying to do a good job.

but i would draw the line at a fundamentalist Muslim become PM......

I am more wary of the straight laced family man who has done nothing wrong.

Give me a candidate who has lived a little, made a couple dumb mistakes when he was in his teens or at college, just like all of us, and is now older, wiser and a bit more worldly for the experience. The guy who seemingly never did anything wrong, was the perfect son and citizen are oftentimes the ones who can't relate to the average person. Dogmatic and can't wonder why people aren't like him.

Who is more prepared to run our countries. The perfect person who did all the right things, never experienced anything more than what they were supposed to do or the one that went off to Thailand at 21, smoked a little pot in college, had diverse friends of different races, religions, sexual orientations, then later buckled down, got married, raised a family and is now in his 40s or 50s but still has those human experiences?

I think it's hilarious!

The republicans cultivate this image of wholesome, god fearing, bible bashing, family types, but in their midst is a individual deviating from this projected (nurtured) stereotype...

Personally i couldn't care less, but i enjoy how it ruffles the feathers (or is that boas) of the incumbent moral minority, who do so enjoy telling us how to live.

Americans, in general, will accept a gay candidate I think as long as his/her don't let their gayness define them. As long as they are main message isn't their sexual orientation and that they just happen to be gay. The nation has grown in that respect. Colin Powell just happens to be black, JFK just happened to be Catholic, VP candidate Lieberman just happened to be jewish. These guys are known for other things than their race or religion. 50 years ago none could have run for national office.

The same can happen for a gay candidate.

I hate to be reminded of our age Steve but 50 years ago JFK DID run for office. :(

Archived