Christian evangelists at Nana Plaza

kamui

THE EMPOWER FOUNDATION is mentioned in this article and from what I know' date=' is an organization that does deserve support.

I've met several girls that have received job training and English courses provided free of charge at their Silom center. They also have a successful branch in Chaing Mai and have opened one in Pattaya.

They very specifically DO NOT proselytize nor denigrate the girls in any way for working in the sex industry, they just provide support with no judgments.

When the worldwide AIDS conference was held in Bangkok several years back they were initially invited to participate but when the government realized that their goal was to encourage government support for providing condoms and HIV advice to working girls, they were turned away for encouraging prostitution.

I've never seen a solicitation for funds on their part but they certainly are worthy of support.[/quote']

Dave,

I'll politely disagree. These people all have problems that need fixing in their own countries, and they should stay there, and fix those. Additionally, I maintain that ALL these groups have an ulterior motive, regardless of what they say, or how theycome across.

OH,

You are jumping to conclusions, who said anything about EMPOWER being staffed by foreigners?

The founder and all the support staff at EMPOWER are THAI, they are neither missionaries nor Farang do gooders.

Not jumping to any conclusions at all, I am going by what has been written by others here in this thread. The title/label is after all "Christian evangelists..."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mormons can shag their brains out - after they are married, no guilt involved. But before that it's sinful. Maybe that's why they marry young and why they used to marry often!

I remember a time I was sitting in a restaurant and saw THREE Mormons ride by on their bicycles. I thought, "That's odd. Why three?" About 5 minutes later, I saw one lone Mormon tearing up the street on his bicycle trying to catch up. Wonder how he got left behind. :)

p.s. Have you seen the topless pics of Marie Osmond with her husband? Prim and proper little Marie could pose nude, once she was married!

:dunno:

That's interesting about the pairing. It's kind of sad really. These well intentioned people (letâ??s not forget that their intentions are good) live their whole lives with guilt and shame about sexual gratification, seeing it as sinful and dirty rather than being able to enjoy it. Then they go and outreach to people to become like them where converts become guilty about many things they never used to be and try to live by a rule book written a few thousand years ago in a desert whose teachings is constantly being interpreted differently. Converts, especially the impressionable children they prey on, become social outcasts no longer fitting in and lose that essential social bond necessary to harmonious life in Thailand. There are laws against physical and sexual abuse, but there also need to be laws against mental abuse like this, particularly of children due to the damage being done.

While offering job alternatives to disgruntled sex workers, they need to keep in mind about half the people the world over are unhappy with their job regardless of profession. So if they only net a sliver of people to switch it means the career path they are peddling is perhaps not that great given the potential. And if they claim daily miracles and one of the greatest among them is a health test outcome changed, that looks bad since everyone from the outside looking in knows such tests are never 100%.

Itâ??s just really a grotesque religion when you think about it. The symbol is a mutilated corpse in the agony of death. Many each week gather together like cannibals to simulate guzzling human blood and consuming human flesh of someone who died a long time ago. Many teach Thai's that all their ancestors, friends, and loved who have passed on have gone to hell for eternal torture and damnation because God left them behind. If only these people could move out of this dogmatic darkness creating suffering and start thinking for themselves to see the true light, but they canâ??t let go because they live in fear the afterlife would be taken away from them.

:yeahthat:

Archived