Christian evangelists at Nana Plaza

kamui

p.s. Damn busy bodies ought to clean up the own countries and stop screwing around! :)

<< The IUSWâ??s demands are typical and would be shared by virtually all sex workersâ?? organizations:

- Decriminalisaton of all aspects of sex work involving consenting adults.

- The right to form and join professional associations and unions.

- The right to work on the same basis as other independent contractors and employers and to receive the same benefits as other self-employed or contracted workers.

- No taxation without such rights and representation.

- Zero tolerance of coercion, violence, sexual abuse, child labour, rape and racism.

- Legal support for sex workers who want to sue those who exploit their labour.

- The right to travel across national boundaries and obtain work permits wherever we live.

- Clean and safe places to work.

- The right to choose whether to work on our own or co-operatively with other sex workers.

- The absolute right to say no.

- Access to training - Our jobs require special skills and professional standards.

- Access to health clinics where we do not feel stigmatized.

- Re-training programs for sex workers who want to leave the industry.

- An end to social attitudes which stigmatise those who are or have been sex workers.

In addition, organizations in Asia, Europe and Latin America have voiced demands for access to social security, health insurance, pensions and unemployment benefits (mostly in terms of accessing normally recognized workersâ?? rights under labour legislation). >>

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops. Missed Mekong's link. The Thai stripper from SFO was interviewed in the Bangkok Post. She was in her mid 30s, but still looked good.

<< Can you really trust whores and strippers to stick together and watch each other's backs? I think not. >>

I'd trust a whore more than I would a politician!

:hmmm:

A danger of trying to help foreigners when you don't have your own house in order is that you can end up making things worse rather than better. It happens all the time. Remember how some organizations sending food to help the impoverished ended up putting all the local farmers out of business because everyone was getting free food and they had no market? The farmers and their workers lost their job and way of life, the land went unused, and the farmers ended up in line too. The "help" ruined the only way people were trying to help themselves and made them totally dependent on food aid. I think you can see this pretty much anywhere there is aid; it's creating a career for millions sitting under the tree waiting for the next shipment of food to arrive. A lot of people who try to help others are blind to the way they harm the people they are trying to help. Problems created by evangelists in Thailand are well documented and very sad, especially what they do to impressionable children.

Why not stop any health aid while at it and let the poor die off then to save us all the bother they cause. Could start with fighting Malaria USA could save a whole billion dollars pledged over the next five years in fighting Malaria, I think that's about what they are wasting in Iraq every day.

Why not stop any health aid while at it and let the poor die off then to save us all the bother they cause. Could start with fighting Malaria USA could save a whole billion dollars pledged over the next five years in fighting Malaria, I think that's about what they are wasting in Iraq every day.

Ok, just so we are on the same page here, YOUR home country (UK Isn't it?) should IGNORE the health needs of it's own people, and go 1/2 way around the world to give health care to others? why? should one ignore his own brother who is starving, and go feed the guy down the block?

But you do seem to see my point er maybe, for what the USA spends in Iraq, we could *maybe* have some form of health care here...then, anything left over could go outside.

But until every person here has access to health care/immunizations, no need to spend the money on people in foreign countries. I'll "feed my own family before I feed the guy down the block..." er something like that...

The part I don't get is, people bitch too much that the USA medles in the business of others, then they bitch when we get the idea to stay home and take care of our own mess...make up your minds guys...

Oops. Missed Mekong's link. The Thai stripper from SFO was interviewed in the Bangkok Post. She was in her mid 30s, but still looked good.

<< Can you really trust whores and strippers to stick together and watch each other's backs? I think not. >>

I'd trust a whore more than I would a politician!

:hmmm:

A whore says "...give me your money, you can fuck me..."

A politician says "...give me your money, I am going to fuck you..."

I prefer the whores. Sad state when the "criminals" are the trust worthy ones...

I'm with (God help me!) with Birozon on this, unless people get off their arses and do something, then nothing happens.

I should stop what I do in Africa and Asia? Bringing education and access to poor rural areas?

Fuck that I go where the need is greatest, rather than look at our own back yards, lets look at where the need is greatest.

DOG

Archived