Help me break up with my long time Thai gf

ow

I thought about doing it face to face but she will lose face with her friends if I go to see her (a long trip upcountry) and then suddenly leave again the next day.

That's a feeble excuse. Her friends are going to know you split up with her regardless of how you do it so the issue of "losing face" doesn't come into it. It sounds like you're just too much of a coward for it and want an easy way out.

Of course you should do it face to face. If you don't have the balls for it at least admit it instead of pretending it's all for her benefit.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one thing I am not is a coward, I am honestly concerned about her losing face, she is a proud girl and she has prepped her new (all thai who live in her house) friends about my visit (originally she "planned" it to be two months long) so obviously if I go up as planned, and then dont have sex with her, she will ask why I am not having sex (having sex would be a bastard thing to do and then break up with her) I will have to tell her and then the next day I will have to leave.

But thanks for your "thoughts" and general insults, really helps.

Vinod- thanks man, I had the same thoughts as you about just keeping it going but this would be so selfish. Yes it would be good for me to have her as I am sure she would hang on and put up with whatever way I treated her, and I could reap the benefits of her family (well connected) and her general support without giving much back. But I do care about her and could not do this to her and must do what is right and give her the chance to find someone who can committ.

Haha, well actually not a bad idea either as can be done quickly not to leave somebody hanging. The sooner the break is the better.

A good RT is to be kept precious. It needs lots of energy of both partners. YOu got to keep yourself interesting to the other and vica versa or the Life will dry up.

Every person is a mirror to YOU. Not that the other doesnt make any mistake but first one you have to look at is yourself. As we have been programmed all our life with complete BS, EVERY BODY BELIEVES IN. The easiest way out is to blame others and you need not take response-ability for your self. We all do it.

But blaming others doesnt help, it doesnt make that we get in Life what we really want. In effect it does the opposite.

Sounds like you're slightly disconnected from reality. I'm sure her friends are not so cold that they would shun her because her boyfriend has split up with her. When you say she would "lose face" what exactly do you mean? And you think she wouldn't "lose face" if you dumped her over the telephone? We're talking about real people not abstract concepts in some paperback guide to Thai culture. Get a grip.

If you want to break up with her. Admit to yourself that you are going to destroy her world(she will be forever traumatized and broken hearted), that there is no easy way. Once you do that, then you are ready. If you can't admit to yourself that, then you aren't ready to leave her.

Personally I think coming to this board for advice proves that you aren't ready to leave her.

"When you say she would "lose face" what exactly do you mean?"

Dude- welcome to Thailand. Enjoy your stay.

Are there any Thai females on this board? If so Id really appreciate your input since the Thai girls I know are either her friends or in Thailand (I am currently in farang land).

Archived