Help me break up with my long time Thai gf

ow

I realise I am the problem but if we could all put that aside for a moment and deal with the issue of how I can minimise hurting her, from a Thai point of view, I would really appreciate it. Given that I am going to break up with her.

I really don't think your probably capable of addressing the "Thai Point of View" From your post you seem to know very little about thai culture. Bottom line is you will hurt her and hurt her bad I would guess. How do you minimise it? Tell her what you have just told us. She deserves the truth. Honest communication is the only way to minimise the hurt to her. Be a man about it. Tell her the truth. Maybe by talking to her honestly you might understand yourself a bit better. Sometimes articulation can help uncover subconscious issues that may be the foundation of why you are feeling the way you do. Just remember that no matter where you go, the first person you meet is yourself.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"From your post you seem to know very little about thai culture. "

Right thanks. Do you feel better now? For all you know I am 50% Thai. I love it when people feel the need to one-up themselves about their knowledge of Thai culture at every opportunity. Sad sad pathetic.

Ong- you might be partly right. But I guess this thread was a bad idea.

nah not exactly. We normally went together but this time she couldnt. First time being there without her. Besides she doesnt think there is a problem beyond me being "male" and "not enjoying phone conversations" because thats what her mum told her men are like.

Are you scared of her over achieving and leaving you behind ? In reverse, I was on a successful investment banking career with my Japanese girlfriend who became my wife. Didn't matter, she finished her studies and now has a successful career of her own, actually in investment banking but on ethe "soft" side, not the hard nosed trading floor, though she did work on the floor of Nomura in London.

Get a spine, try looking inside and not looking at the past, rather to the future. Try to do somethigs together, small things even.

I know that she will be lost in her work when she starts her career. Most don't last the course, it is just too tough, whatever their academic ability or willingness.

Though I've done a lot of things I wanted in my life I think back to a few instances, largely involving relationships where my actions or indeed my inaction led to their breakup. 20+ years later things still go round in your head. Don't fuck things up because you are going through the 7 year itch a little early.

Archived