Eggs

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Munchie, fried and scrambled. I prefer fried but am a bit fussy about how they are cooked, so if i'm eating out and not cooking them myself i often opt for scrambled if i'm not confident that a particular place will cook them to my satisfaction. I like the white well cooked and the yoke nice and runny, but the film of white covering the yoke must be cooked. I can't stand it clear and uncooked, yuck :mad:

Simie.

Does the "other" option include fertilised, Munchie?

I didn't tick that box!

I love scrambled eggs... but not those crappy, dry Thai scrambled eggs where they do it in the wok. I'm talking lovely, creamy, folded, golden, scrambled eggs. Yum.

You know the best way I've found to cook poached eggs? (And more importantly, keep them seperate while cooking) Cling Film. (Or Saran Wrap in the USA). Lay a piece of cling film on the bench top. Quite a decent size. Break the egg into it, and then bring up the sides of the cling film to form a bag, and twist a knot in the top and tie-off with a rubber band. Then into the water it goes.

Makes PERFECT poached eggs with a wonderful shape.

I prefer my eggs to be poached and fried easy over. I prefer the poached eggs because they are cheaper. My preference of eggs are duck eggs with double yokes.

I have one woman who works for me and she claims her and her husband used to raised chickens and she candled the eggs. She says she would look for blood spots inside the egg and for sperm. Her chickens were allowed to roam about freely and that the roosters would hump their chickens and leave sperm inside the egg.

Archived