Eggs

The_Munchmaster

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my Filipino friends are a little weird.

they buy/nick sachets of tomato ketchup and mayonaise and mix it up and call it seafood sauce...

i tell them to go out and buy a squeezy bottle of proper seafood sauce but they won't have it....

Thats basically all you are getting in most pubs when you order prawn sandwiches or prawn salads. Marie Rose sauce.

You know the best way I've found to cook poached eggs? (And more importantly, keep them seperate while cooking) Cling Film. (Or Saran Wrap in the USA). Lay a piece of cling film on the bench top. Quite a decent size. Break the egg into it, and then bring up the sides of the cling film to form a bag, and twist a knot in the top and tie-off with a rubber band. Then into the water it goes.

Makes PERFECT poached eggs with a wonderful shape.

I tried this yesterday. It didn't work. The egg white stuck to the cling film. I had to scrape the white of the cling film and it made a mess, as well as wasting 1/3 of the egg. Worthless.

Cheers,

SD

You know the best way I've found to cook poached eggs? (And more importantly' date=' keep them seperate while cooking) Cling Film. (Or Saran Wrap in the USA). Lay a piece of cling film on the bench top. Quite a decent size. Break the egg into it, and then bring up the sides of the cling film to form a bag, and twist a knot in the top and tie-off with a rubber band. Then into the water it goes.

Makes PERFECT poached eggs with a wonderful shape.[/quote']

I tried this yesterday. It didn't work. The egg white stuck to the cling film. I had to scrape the white of the cling film and it made a mess, as well as wasting 1/3 of the egg. Worthless.

Cheers,

SD

SD,

You're supposed to use the pre-lubed Cling Film. Or try the unlubed kind with a little KY jelly.

:D:D

I tried it the other day and had much the same result as SD, plus the egg I managed to salvage tasted the same as boiled egg, not poached egg. I think I'll stick with the method I saw on the TV a few years ago: always use a medium pan, bring the water to a fast boil then turn down to a simmer, stir the water to form a vortex in the center then break the egg into the center of the vortex then do absolutley nothing for the next couple of mins, the result should be a perfect poached egg. (95% of the time)

Been doing the same way for years and it never fails. Straight into the fry pan with the water simmering. The trick is to have the water the right temperature and to add a spoonful of vinegar to the water. Makes great fluffy poached eggs every time. Never listen to Moo Noi when it comes to cooking. He tried to teach the ironing lady how to make sticky rice the other night. :rolleyes:

Soft boiled for me served with toast cut up into soldiers. My regular weekend breakfast.

Eggs have to be organic or I won't eat them :thumbup:

One might look up the definition of 'organic'. There is a generic street definition and a legal definition. One may be surprised as to the legal definition of 'organic'.

Archived