Airbus delivers first A380 superjumbo to Singapore Airlines

Mentors

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and imagine the cabin boarding and leaving this monster :crazy:' date=' no thank you

[/quote']

...in the short term is that by 2012 all public transport / commercial vehicles with in Metro BKK will be NGV fueled, we are working on it.

I see some of the buses in BKK with the NGV stickers on them but they are still coughing out black diesel smoke...oppps, put the sticker on a wee bit early!

don't worry, the sticker is made by recycle paper

:smirk:

and imagine the cabin boarding and leaving this monster :crazy:' date=' no thank you

[/quote']

Mentors, you seem to have overlooked the concept of the A380 Airbus at international hubs. Since it is a dual deck aircraft they will be using 2 departure gates, one for each deck, so in fact boarding will take less time than a 747.

We will see it, my hometown Airport say's, he is ready just has to change the gates "little bit".

:hmmm:

[/quote']

Mentors, you seem to have overlooked the concept of the A380 Airbus at international hubs. Since it is a dual deck aircraft they will be using 2 departure gates, one for each deck, so in fact boarding will take less time than a 747. This is why only a few airports can handle the A380, it is not just the apron at the gate but also the terminals ability to handle 2 streams of passangers at 2 seprate levels. A simple concept merely move two adjacent gates from the horizontal to the vertical.

You are forgetting the concept of clueless people! On the 747 you have people going down the wrong aisle and then fighting their way upstream to get to their seat. On the A380 you not only have that situation, but also people on the wrong deck! It will take longer.

Did anyone see the photo's of the "Suites"' date=' a real room, now that will make life interesting for the rich and famous![/quote']

Anyone over 5 ft tall can see exactly what you are doing. :o

They're taller than that, dude. Walls look to be 6' tall to me.

thumb_1192729762-suite_landing.jpg

thumb_1192729887-suite_seatfeature_3.jpg

Now THIS is a good perk: getting tucked into bed by a Singapore Girl...I wonder if ya get a goodnight kiss too? :chili::chili:

thumb_1192729909-suite_amenities_1.jpg

Cheers,

SD

On the A380 you not only have that situation, but also people on the wrong deck! It will take longer.

Considering it will be 2 seperate boarding gates I doubt that scenario will arise.

Of course it is going to happen on almost every flight of the beast! You see it now on the 747 with many clueless people wandering around trying to find their seat. With the A380 you will have a 100 more clueless people wandering around. It seems like you have never been in an Asian queue. :doah:

Naw, look at the angle of the middle shot. The camera is at just-above-her-knee level, looking up. And, knowing SIA ads, I'd bet she's 5'9"+ -- they use tall gals cuz they photograph better. There is a good 3" above head taking into account the angle.

Cheers,

SD

Archived