The Clogg Family Xmas vacation

Dumsoda

CUT & PASTE FROM ACCOM section...

(KS please delete my original post if you see fit...Thanks DC)

Let's start again......

Ok...I've been thinking about this for a week or so...

(amongst other "trivial" matters that have sorta kept me occupied)

Here's the DC challange....

and...having said that...let me say this first....

Collectively, we all derive a lot of enjoyment from the Board.... and KS has made no secret of the fact that, right now, things are not exactly "Rosey"....

So, I challenge another 39...(or 100 would be better) Boardies to join with me and Pledge the (not so large) sum of 1k baht each... to be "Our" Happy Christmas pressie to KS (& family) and to make sure Ma & Pa have a pleasant stay in LOS

To my thinking, this will enable them to upgrade to some quite comfy Digs for the duration of their visit....

Note: KS this is not intended IN ANY WAY, as a charitable hand out as far as I'm concerned, but rather just a small way of saying Thank you for all the effort you put in (with obviously very little returns)

Nothing EVER surprises me....BUT...I will be GOB SMACKED if we can't pull off this Festive Season gesture of Goodwill

So...here's the list:

I PLEDGE the miserly sum of 1,000 Bt to the family renuion fund....please add your name below:

1. Cumb Dunt

2. rchapstick (as per post on accom...thanks Chappy)

& so on

Come on guys...It's less than a few drinks.... or a couple of BF's

If I've "shamed" anyone into putting their hand into their pocket.....

I'M HAPPY....lol

Who's next????????

Cheers DC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the very least, I think it is a good idea for board members to look to ways to help the board. KS puts alot of effort into maintianing the board, for little or no financial gain.

Donations are great, and as a previous board sponsor, I know I had not donated in a couple of years. If 1K is too much for some people then donate what you can comfortably afford.

There are also other ways we can support KS. He has put a lot of work into additional revenue streams. I know that I made about $800 in Amazon purchases ... stuff I was buying anyway ... and did it thru the board so that KS would get the affiliate commission. It did not cost me a dime more, and was probably worth $40-$50 to KS.

If nothing else, click on a few banner ads.

Come on people, lets step it up here!

Hi Tiger,

Yes, I read that and have also had PT discussions with KS prior to doing the Cut & Paste.

Maybe the "Griswald's" can have a short vacation as an alternative to an upgrade....or maybe KS can tell a "White Lie" & tell them Tim got him a Red Hot deal....lol.... "Whatever"!!!

Sorry to break this news on the Board...555 but you're prolly gunna have to hit the kick for my Grand while ur in Bkk..... there'll be a grey one waiting for ya when you get to my place....it won't be hard to find...It'll be right next to the "Turkey" botten...5555

OK guys...we're on a roll... 3 down XXX to go

Who's next??????????

Great stuff TB....thanks

Shit, at this rate we'll have them in an Author's Suite at the Oriental....Is there a "Windmill Suite"...lol

Next please......

Come on guys....next time you slip your hand into your pocket for a "fiddle".....see if you can pull out a "Grey one"....

cheers DC

Hi,

Let me copy my reply from the thread in Accommodations as well.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi,

DS, much appreciated and I do understand the spirit this was made in. And yes, my financial situation at the moment is far from comfortable due to not being paid for 5 months. The price one pays for taking a risk on a new project (which will hopefully start paying off in a few months).

As a result I have had to cut down on expenses (no PS3 for Xmas as I was hoping :( ), but I do not think it will impact my parents holiday much.

To be honest, even if you guys did raise an extra 40K and I would offer to put my parents in a more expensive/nicer hotel, I am not sure they'd accept it. They are simple people and were very happy last time staying at the Stable Lodge.

Sanuk!

-------------------------------------------------

As rchapstick said there are a lot of ways to help out, and while it is all appreciated, none of it is expected.

I could for instance still use some content for the new front page (or rather pages off of that) on: Thai food, Thai hotels and some general info on traveling to and inside of Thailand.

Sanuk!

â??............while it is all appreciated, none of it is expected. â??

Which is EXACTLY the reason so many regulars here will probably try to respond. Lotta nice things about this board and a big one is you have always made clear this board will not go the way of BKKtonite and some others and hammer posters for money.

Also waiting for business to come through but I will be able to do something in mid to late January.

Will probably use a different name, though, of the hundreds I have registered. Maybe, since Old Hippie is MIA-PBLFBS7F (Missing In Action-Presumed Buying Land For Biergarten Soi 7 Freelancer, in US military terminology), Young Hippie, Old Analist, or Hippie Analist.

Archived