Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

So what's happening six months down the track from the last post?

I finally took the plunge after an agonising gout attack and gave up the booze.

Feeling virtuous I cut down on meat, fats and carbs but made up the volume in fruit and salad.

I've dropped about 6kg in three weeks without really trying. (Apart from the booze).

I took a look at one of those online calorie counters. The beer I don't drink was a saving of 1500 calories a day... everyday.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

I want to reanimate this thread.

Currently I am in the worst shape of my life. Overweight, stiff, weak. Therefore after a long, long time of neglecting my fitness and health I returned to the gym last week.

My aim:

I want to lose 16 kg/35 lbs, while increasing muscles, strength and endurance

This time I will take it slow, since I haven't done serious sports for a decade.

My plan:

Losing 2 kg/4 lbs fat a month while gaining some muscles _without injury_.

- weight training 3 times a week

- running three times a week

- slight calorie deficit of 400 calories, nearly no processed food, but whole grain, chicken, veggies, e.g.

:thumbup:

PS: for to track my calories, runs and workouts I joined Dailyburn.com. It's a great site, with a great community.

Losing weight isn't that much of a problem for me. I've got down to my VN combat weight several times. It's staying there that's tough. I go off my diet and quickly put on about 8 to 10 kilos. I was slim until I hit my late 40s. The MP gals used to remark on how lean my stomach was - couldn't grab any fat at all. Nowadays I'm ashamed to go to an MP. I'm not fat by most folks' standards, but I am by my own - since I recall what I used to be. Carrying any extra weight makes me feel unfomfortable.

:(

I'm new on this thread so bear with me. I began my diet today. I'm going to Thailand in October and would like to get in fighting shape now. I'm not fighting however, maybe something else.

So after much study and thought, I have come up with this for my diet. First I am cutting out the sugars, I like them very much and they are killing me. Then I am going to eat what Grok ate. Grok is the guy that wandered around the savannas 10,000 years ago. Here is what Grok was eating, meats, veggies, fruit. Because he did not grow things grains are out of the picture. It will not be possible to stick with this, as I am sure I will eat a tortilla now and then, but if I can cut back 75% that will be good.

I will exercise. Grok was always walking around looking for something to eat. At times he would have to sprint to get something to eat, or to not be eaten. SO I see myself walking around withe the occasional 100 meter sprint. Added to this I will use things around to climb over to work other muscles. I will not do reps or anything, just sort of natural lifts mostly using my own body weight.

So today if my first day. I don't own a scale but I own pants and few of them fit anymore. I will judge progress on that. But I guess I have to drop 25 lbs in four months, which I see as very doable. I do not drink alcohol. Thank you for your time.

<< Then I am going to eat what Grok ate. Grok is the guy that wandered around the savannas 10,000 years ago. Here is what Grok was eating, meats, veggies, fruit. >>

Grok also probably ate worms, grubs, insects etc. Try the Isaan bug cart for your meals.

Guest lazyphil

for the first time i tested my running ability against others at a fell race in the peak district last week. 4.5 miles of steep, very steep moors and rocks with steep declines (almost as hard as climbing!!), lovely scenery but hellish to run. usually around here on the flat i can run 4.5 in 30.20, this race took 44.42 against many northern club runners from manchester and sheffield etc, i came in 76 out of 170, i was happy with this, next time i will hope to be faster

Archived