Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

Guest lazyphil

so you've lost 1kg in a month?....you're not really making any effort are you?....either you want to be lean or you dont. theres no short cuts, none!!.....just walking around with a pedometer isn't going to jack sh*t!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't weighed in this week...currently in China and have been raising a sweat most nights....lol

The 15 drinks beforehand would not have helped though....

think I'll try for 2 sweats tonight and just 10 drinks...

God I love Shanghai :grinyes::dunno::grinyes:

Cheers DS

Haven't "weighed in" here for a while.

Started my diet back on March 16, totally eliminating all "bad" carbs (sugar, flour, rice potatoes, beer). Also finally got clearance from my foot surgeon to do vigorous exercise. Started at my gym using the treadmill, eliptical, etc.

The biggest change came when I joined a boxing gym in early April. Go 4x a week for 1 to 1 1/2 hours per class. Man, I thought I was working out before, but these are killers. Classes are VERY popular, and most of the people there are in great shape. Gives me motivation to keep at it.

In total, I've lost about 10 kg in 1 1/2 months. I've clearly lost more in body fat and have gained some muscle mass. Clothes that used to be too small are now too big.

Hoping to lose 8-10 kg by the time I revisit the kingdom in July.

Last time: 58 kg...still 2-3 kg of real fat somewhere around the beer belly.

Funny enough: In Thailand I was 63...

Try to figure out

(maybe the numerous Italian restaurants in BKK had something to do with it)

Guest lazyphil

yes i'm a bitch :) , but not yours!

ran a respectable (for me anyway) 28.19 seconds 4 miles off road this morning (best is 27.26) thats after yesterdays gym punishment of 190kg plate loaded leg press, 25kg dumbell lunges, leg extensions 120lbs (gym kit is metric+imperial doah) 30kg weighted stomach crunches plus conventianal sit ups, 70 in just under 2 minutes, tomorrow upper body routine, bench press, chin ups, shoulder dumbell press etc (always 4 sets of everything).....another run sunday morning before going for sunday roast carvery with my folks and sisters family. monday, tues rest days then start over again.....oh, 80kgs :smirk:

dinner today, tuna mayo with pasta and salad, brek was oats and honey, lunch was omellete.

102 - thats ok - had a huge Lasagna party last week

Here is a friend of mine's diet - he's nuts and traveling in India

Week 1: No Indian food and lots of fluids ( preferably straight gin, no wasting calories on mixers) Week 2: Definitely no Indian food, increase fluids. Week 3: Brush your teeth in local water. When the diarrhoea hits, eat whatever the hell you like and ride it for as long as you can. Increase fluids. Week 4: Take antibacterial meds and repeat from week 1. Oh yeah, you also have to pump iron and sweat blood. Not as much fun or as successful as my last two diets. "The Sth American flu of the nineties" or "the crazy pinger days of the new millenium", but it wont cost you a thousand bucks a week either.

Well done!!!

The phone call I got...from the Lasagna Party sounded like lasagna wasn't the only thing on the menu....lol...

...After 2 weeks in China, I've managed to hit 90 again...arghhhhhhhh

and it wasn't through lack of exercise...55555

Must have been all the Beers at the "Tea House"....

Oh well....back to the grindstone this week...

Cheers DS

Guest lazyphil

we have a show here in the uk. how to look good naked. usually obese women getting phrase by this oriental looking style guru called 'gok'....somehow makes the girls esteem remain high despite looking like a beached whale!!

Archived