Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

rules of thumb. eat when hungrey, stop when full, go to bed on an empty stomach. breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince tea like a pauper, eat a variety of food, dont deprive yourself of treats, icecream, pizza, beer etc, just be sensible. remember excess fat serves zero purpose and looks horrible!!

Agreed, but how does that explain the UK & Oz, for instance? Or anywhere else.

Cheers,

SD

Poeple in most industrialized countries have daily calorie plus as a result of the wrong foods with a high calorie count combined with a more and more sedentary lifestyle.

BUT the US is the definite leader with the most obese people world wide...

In the United States, [color:red]66 percent of adults older than 20 were overweight in 2004[/color], and 31.9 percent of children 2 through 19 were overweight in 2006, although childhood statistics are compiled somewhat differently in different countries.

Italy and Spain are not far behind, with more than 50 percent of adults overweight. That compares with about 45 percent in France and the Netherlands.

NYT

I didn't set foot in the US for almost 10 years at one stretch. When I came back, I couldn't believe the portions of food restaurants serve. My first reaction was ... is that for me or for the whole table of people? I couldn't eat half of what was on my plate, but I saw most diners going back for seconds.

It seems like pigging out has become the national pastime in the US. It wasn't that way when I was growing up. Blame fast foods for most of it, though even that doesn't explain the ridiculously large servings.

Thailand is catching up though. I never saw so many fat Thais as now. The slender Thai gals with the tiny waist are almost a thing of the past. More and more Thais are living on western junk food. :(

For myself I exercise everyday, cycling, walking hiking, but I like sweets and as an American I eat like a pig. I think with my diet I want to completely cut out the sweets, I am very much like an addict in this regard, I can't control myself. I want to cut out most of the bread and refined grains. I want to eat more veggies.

So today I had steel-cut oatmeal and banana for breakfast. A 2oz. bag of peanuts as a mid morning snack, broccoli covered in two Trader Joe's enchiladas and for dinner I will have some sort of chicken dish.

I know that I will end up eating grains but I really want to limit their intake, rather than a crap load of rice, just a bit of rice. Moderation.

I commute to work on my bike, I took a 40 minute walk at lunch and a 45 minute ride on the bike on the way home.

I've now made it 8 days without sweets. For you guys that like to drink everyday this is like not drinking for 8 days. No bread and just a tiny bit of rice. Lots of veggies. Every day exercise. I feel good.

Great to hear. But don't go too low on carbs. But if you go low on carbs and low on calories, plan at least one high carb cheat meal per week. Otherwise you body might go into starvation mode and it will stop losing weight.

Archived