Jobs That You've Had in Thailand

louisxander

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....Rules, Tricks, Game

If you understand my Tag Line you may understand the Game ;)

You quote your "tag line" a lot Mekong? As if it's some mysterious collection of words that we should all decypher and aspire to?

But there is no game. Being professional and good at ones job and hence being well employed is not a game. It's just being professional.

Mekong,surely you arent earning the same in Thailand as you would in the Middle East?

Correct,if one was to look at it in purely hourly rate I could earn more in the Middle East than here, but nowadays I rate quality of life higher than potential income.

To put it in perspective, I work for a Multi National company that has interests in SE Asia, the "Hardship Allowance" for being stuck in Thailand is less than it would be in the M.E. but it is still an uplift on what I would be paid if I was working for them in the UK. On top of that the company takes care of my Thai Tax payments, pays my Health Insurance and a few other perks.

When I worked in places like Saudi I was away for 16 weeks at a time working 60+ hours / week and at tops after 2 trips I had enough and needed a break and took 4 months off to regain sanity. Here in Thailand I work 40 hours / week, 33 days a year paid vacation, weekends off and a good social life. I have been in this job for 30 months now and don't feel as if it is burning me out unlike the Middle East did and as such with continual income I am probably banking per annum what I was banking when working M.E. since I am less inclined to go on 3-4 month benders.

As I said quality of life, overall I am mentaly and physicaly healthier working here and due to which I am able to continue working / banking month in month out.

....Rules' date=' Tricks, Game

If you understand my Tag Line you may understand the Game ;)

[/quote']

You quote your "tag line" a lot Mekong? As if it's some mysterious collection of words that we should all decypher and aspire to?

But there is no game. Being professional and good at ones job and hence being well employed is not a game. It's just being professional.

Munchie,

I understand what you are saying, but you are good at your game and hence the reason my tag line means nothing to you.

IMHO Rules equates to education, Tricks equates to experience in ones chosen proffession and the Game is what one plays once one is educated and experienced enough to do so. As a child I was encouraged to play games and I played to win, I still relate my adult life to those childhood experiences, it is what keeps me focused. I apologise if my tag line bores you.

<< As I said quality of life, overall I am mentaly and physicaly healthier working here and due to which I am able to continue working / banking month in month out. >>

Back in the 1980s, I had a friend who worked in the oil fields of Indonesia, really out in the boondocks. He said if you could last 5 years there, you'd have made enough to retire and live comfortably the rest of your life. But he didn't know anyone who'd managed to stay there for more than 2 years.

:dunno:

before returning home to Thailand as a jibbering mess

Gee, you mean you aren't a jibbering mess already? Coulda fooled me...

Mate, you can't leave a straight line like that out there and not expect someone to jump on it!

Cheers,

SD

before returning home to Thailand as a jibbering mess

Gee' date=' you mean you aren't a jibbering mess already? Coulda fooled me...

[i']Mate, you can't leave a straight line like that out there and not expect someone to jump on it![/i]

Cheers,

SD

hahhahaha. Well, Im losing the plot just now, the future sees me drooling!

Archived