Estonian man murdered in Soi 15, Walking Street, Pattaya

wonderlust

Estonian man dies following attack on Walking Street.

A disturbing incident occurred on Walking Street in the early hours of Sunday Morning which was initially dealt with by the Tourist Police based on the street. Three men from Estonia made a complaint at the Tourist Police Mobile Unit regarding a confrontation with three Thai Men in Soi 15. It is thought the men were being ushered into a Show Bar but decided at the last minute that they did not want to go. The Thai men became angry and a fight ensued. The men were told to make their way to Pattaya Police Station to make a report, however they decided to take matters into their own hands and went back to confront the Thai men. It is thought that more than 15 men set-upon the three Estonian Men. One managed to run away, a second was hit over the head with a steal pole and a third man was stabbed in the leg with a broken bottle. A major artery in his leg was severed and he was rushed to Hospital. Later on Sunday he died from the injury according to medical staff at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital. The incident, which is now a murder investigation, occurred only meters away from the Tourist Police Unit and is now being investigated by Pattaya Police and the Tourist Police as the hunt for the attackers continues. We understand that as of Monday Afternoon, no arrests had been made in connection with the attack.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_21_01_51_3.html

Assaulted by touts, ignored by police, outnumbered and then murdered. Of course it was all his fault.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to LOS - the land of smiles.

IMHO the deadly result is not only the result of extreme misjudgement of the three guys, but a result of increasing international tourism.

Today people can go everywhere, often they don't have even any basic knowledge about their holiday destination. This might not be a problem in most Western countries, but it can be deadly in many second or third world destinations...

Samui is right.

Fighting Thai men (especially the big guys some bars use)........murder is murder (but I guess these Thais will never be found or declared not guilty of course)

Now of course these tourists were stupid although it does not justify murder.

I have an Estonian couple staying with me at the moment. Very gentle people and Estonia is a very small country. Very few degrees of separation with the people they tell me.

The guy staying is supposed to be meeting a friend in LOS or Laos in the beginning of February. I wonder if he knows them?

Archived