Do GTG burn their men?

ozpharlap

The golden rule he broke was being sucked in by a TG who reqiured sponsorship in the first place rather than set his sights higher for one who was already financialy indipendent. After I split up from my ex-BG wife, who was not different as much as I fooled myself she was at the time, about 9 years ago I made a promise to myself only to get involved with Thai women who had their own car and property.

Aye. A day with the current "GTG" GF: We need to go to a party. She wants new shoes. OK. I tell her to buy a small gift for our host's kids as well, and give her B6k. She tells me this is too much and gives back B2k. Typical.

She's not financially independent (yet). But will be. She's just straight up a non-game player.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Suadum,

a) Is this relationship in Oz or LoS?

In both, she is Thai and he in Oz

B) If in Oz, what kind of life could she have on $700/mo?

Not applicable

c) If in LoS, B20k is pretty much "fresh out of Uni" salary. If she's married to a farang, she's likely gonna expect a better lifestyle than that.

She is married to a farang in a business, apparently the business just makes it above the water line. She is on about 30,000 baht salary.

d) The biggie. If they lived apart, the what the fuck is he thinking?????? Ain't no woman gonna wait for your sorry ass if you ain't paying the big bucks. Too many opportunities for them, if they are at all desirable. Women are people too (duh!!!). They need companionship as well as $$.

Yes, I agree but he could have paid more however as discussed with her, limited the amount until they would get together (a smart move in my mind)

The biggest obstacle was she did not want to let her farang husband in the lurch and wish to run his business and appear to others they were still married. He said and showed he could support her but wanted her to leave him, to get there own place (a condo and for him to pay it off in time, and have it in his name - she wanted a house and land in her name).

I repeat, I agree with you but if he thinks he is doing the right thing, and then it eventuates that their barriers were removed, she just moved on.

What happened to two people caring about each other "as people?"

Dear Moo, yes old fashion love still exists but facing extinction. And, whilst I agree with the mistakes this guy has made he did do them for what he thought was love.

Yes, people want financial security and in hailand it apears, moreso, to be implanted in their pysche but it is instant/accelerated financial security, the "I want it now" mentality that is destroying relationships worlwide, not just GTG, BG or farang girls.

I hate to be a bit of a naibob but seems to me that every TG I meet is on the look for some Baht or something! I'm well know in one of the better hotels in Bagnkok and the better they know you the better you are as a mark. You are Farang, look like you have baht, so you are a target!

I've a gent I know who married a seemingly nice gal who he met in a bar. Well, he is now living in Issan, married and ahs adopted the daughter etc. Building a house and everything. Is he happy, yep! In Lub. However she owns the land, hi money, and he is constantly "overpaying" for many services from the inlaws. I get the feeling that things one would expect from inlaws as being a good family have a price tag!

Yep, Walking ATM...That's us.... Khun Farang!

Dear Bust, yes and no, in Oz burnt can just mean shat on unexpectedly.

The reason I ask is for a friend trying to work something out in his own mind. He lives in Brisbane and we regularly eat together at the Bow Thai restaurant. And it is not me.

He is a falang and she is Thai, both married but both claiming a loveless marriage (physically and emotionally), both married for about 7 years and no children (as no sex to produce any spawn).

Each wanted the other to ditch their respective partners first before a living commitment, she would not unless he did so first (as we know this can be difficult due to economic pressures etc ... and also, she still wanted to do the right thing by the husband in the future â?? work beside him). Together, they knew each other longer than each of their respective partners and were to hook up before the others had partners but circumstances prevented that (it can be difficult to relocate and just to do what you want sometimes, early stages of courting being the main reason).

He supported her each month, paying her 20,000 baht and extras for medical or emergencies.

Out of the blue she said enough is enough (which was fair in my mind) and said their relationship is over. He than, about 1 or 2 months later realize he lost the love of his life and left his wife (he has no regrets in that decision as they werenâ??t in love, just comfortable with each other). But then the TG also ditched her husband at about the same time thus reducing any impediments but did not tell him.

He found out, queried it and she said, she just wanted to start a fresh.

I see he got burnt as he would travel there about 2/3 times a year but for the last 8 months after his last trip she took the money (and yes, why not). He paid for nice trips for her when there as well.

He also got burnt on an emotional scale as well. I said it is just a generational thing, he is 47 and she is 35. The modern world allows such things and even TGâ??s are starting to realize that the love of a man is not a necessary thing. They would prefer their own house and casual dating than love. Maybe, he was never good enough after she did not need him anymore but was only ever good to get out of it. His mistake was to supplement her for a few years to allow her the means to get out, get her own pad etc â?¦

I thought examples of others instances in a Thai context can make him realize that Thai logic is a casualty in any sane argument.

Where's the GTG and GAB (Good Aussie Boy) part of this story? :dunno: It seems they are both conniving, lying, cheating SOBs. A marriage born out of infidelity only has a 5% chance of succeeding. If they will do it with you, they will do it to you. He would be SOL no matter the country.

Archived