No more Ms Nice Guy

Flashermac

Nasty Twists in Democratic Race

Is Hillary Clinton "a monster"?

Is Barack Obama no different than Ken Starr?

These are the words we end up eating. But how the campaigns deal with them also tells you something about where weâ??re heading and whatâ??s being tested.

In the wake of Clintonâ??s strong showing Tuesday night in Ohio, Texas and, of course, Rhode Island, all eyes and ears were open to just how nasty this fight would get.

We didnâ??t have long to wait.

In Clintonâ??s case, the attack came from professional spokesman Howard Wolfson in a morning conference call that was intended to be widely reported, and was.

"I, for one, do not believe that imitating Ken Starr is the way to win a Democratic primary election for president," Wolfson said, reacting to the Obama campâ??s criticism of Mrs. Clinton for not releasing her tax returns, something she has pledged to do on April 15.

Asked to comment on Wolfsonâ??s remark, the senator from New York refused to touch it. "Oh, I'm not going to respond to that," Mrs. Clinton said, leaving it to stand.

Of course, no one threw Howard Wolfson overboard. He is an experienced sailor, and [color:red]his jab was not meant for retraction[/color]. Obamaâ??s challenge is that heâ??s supposed to be running a different kind of campaign, a positive and honorable one, in what is certain to be a period of tough jabs.

Whether he can do that and at the same time take on Hillary Clinton, whose people will be jabbing away, is the tricky challenge facing the Obama campaign.

People hate negative tactics, but the fact is, as the 3 a.m. ad demonstrates, they can be very effective. How to fight them without getting covered with mud is the challenge Obama and his advisers must confront.

Billary doing their best to elect McCain ...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday again raised the possibility that she might run with rival Sen. Barack Obama on the same Democratic presidential ticket.

Speaking to voters in Mississippi, where Sen. Barack Obama is expected to do well in next week's primary, Clinton said, "I've had people say, 'Well I wish I could vote for both of you. Well, that might be possible some day. But first I need your vote on Tuesday."

It is the second time this week that she has hinted at a joint ticket with the Illinois senator; he has not ruled it out but says it is premature to be having those discussions.

Hillsie wants Obama in the back of her bus

Clinton-papers release blocked

Officials with the presidential campaign of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., criticized Hillary Clinton this week for not doing more to see that records from her husband's administration are made public. "She's been reluctant to disclose information," Obama's chief strategist, David Axelrod, told reporters in a conference call in which he specifically cited the slow release records from the Clinton library. "If she's not willing to be open with (voters) on these issues now, why would she be open as president?"

Former president Clinton issued 140 pardons on his last day in office, including several to controversial figures, such as commodities trader Rich, then a fugitive on tax evasion charges. Rich's ex-wife, Denise, contributed $2,000 in 1999 to Hillary Clinton's Senate campaign; $5,000 to a related political action committee; and $450,000 to a fund set up to build the Clinton library.

[color:red]The president also pardoned two men who each paid Sen. Clinton's brother, Hugh Rodham, about $200,000 to lobby the White House for pardons[/color] â?? one for a drug conviction and one for mail fraud and perjury convictions, according to a 2002 report by the House committee on government reform. After the payments came to light, Bill Clinton issued a statement: "Neither Hillary nor I had any knowledge of such payments," the report said.

Integrity

I'll just make a couple of quick comments on the articles posted above in one summation.

"Monster"...LOL ! I don't think for a second that a kid above 1st grade would run to a teacher claiming that a classmate called her a "monster". "Ken Starr"? LOL ! Like that's supposed to be horrible?

The pardons speak for themselves. The Klintons are crooks...and liars. Nobody believe Bill's finger-wagging "I didn't have sex with that woman" and I don't believe that he didn't know his brother-in-law was making money off the pardons. Hillary is a congenital liar. 'nuff said.

HH

The president also pardoned two men who each paid Sen. Clinton's brother, Hugh Rodham, about $200,000 to lobby the White House for pardons â?? one for a drug conviction and one for mail fraud and perjury convictions, according to a 2002 report by the House committee on government reform. After the payments came to light, Bill Clinton issued a statement: "Neither Hillary nor I had any knowledge of such payments," the report said.

Gotta love Bubba. He pardoned the guys and does not deny it was at the urging of his paid-off brother-in-law. He merely denies that he knew specifically about the payments at the time of the pardon. Don't ask, don't tell.

The Obama campaign responded on Samantha Powerâ??s resignation and said there â??seems to be a different standard in the Clinton campaignâ? on personal attacks.

â??She made the right decision,â? Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe [color:red]said of Power, a Pulitzer-prize winning author and Harvard professor who helped shape Obamaâ??s foreign policy[/color], before describing her as â??a brilliant person.â? But â??we cannot condone those types of comments.â?Â

He continued though to say that there â??seems to be a different standard in the Clinton campaign.â? He cited supporter Bob Johnson, who alluded to Obamaâ??s drug use in South Carolina; Tom Buffenbarger, president of the machinists' union, who vitriolically trashed Obama in Ohio; and Tom Vilsack, who attacked Rudy Giuliani on the number of his marriages and the relationship with his children.

â??It took them days to admit they were offensive comments,â? Plouffe said of Johnsonâ??s comments. And on Vilsackâ??s comments on Giuliani, there was â??no action there,â? Plouffe said. Clinton, Plouffe points out, never apologized for Buffenbargerâ??s remarks -- calling Obama â??Janus, the two-faced Roman god of ancient timesâ? and attacking his supporters as â??latte-drinking, Prius-driving, Birkenstock-wearing, trust fund babiesâ? -- at an event she was at and later followed him on stage.

â??Apparently there are different standards here as it relates to people outside the campaign,â? he added.

Link

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

This is one reason why you should keep women out of politics. They have no stomach for it. Politics is like a locker room fight. Lots of posturing, some name-calling, an occasional fight. At the end of the day, everybody's on the same team. Women can't seem to understand that shit.

HH

There are many things women should not take part in. The military has known this for years, so has the sensitive part of the government. The problem comes when the PC brigade decides that women are "Just as good as men at everything" and then thinks they can over come nature.

Archived