No more Ms Nice Guy

Flashermac

'Billary' pulls off the upset. The race is still alive. The Ohio margin of victory surprised me...and everyone. She had single a single digit lead heading into last night. Texas was expected to be close and ended up close.

Yer kiddin' me right? You are watching too much CNN and Fox mate. Think for yourself. The facts: she started the night 159 delegates behind and finished 157 delegates behind. Doing the math, she can't win. Hillary will have to convince the uncommitted superdelegates to reverse the will of the people. Even coming off a "big Hillary winning streak", few if any superdelegates will be inclined to do so. For politicians to upend what the voters have decided might be a tad, well, suicidal. Even pollies aren't that dumb.

Her best move would be to bow out and allow the uncatchable leader to soildify his attack on the opposition. But no, she wants to beat a dead horse. To wit: Hillary continues to snipe and tarnish the assumed nominee, saying twice, the "Sen. McCain has a lifetime of experience, I have a lifetime of experience, Sen. Obama has one speech in 2002" line. By what logic, exactly, does a member of the Democratic party include the "Sen. McCain has a lifetime of experience" part of that sentence?

Yes, thanks to Hillary, the Dems really do once again, have the high potential to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

This latest shit from Hillary has me ready to do something I've never done: stay home on election day. I can't vote for McCain, but I don't feel I can vote for her either. She's a self-aggrandizing piece of shit.

Regards,

SD -- would sooner have is doctor's wife operate on him (why not considering ol' Hill considers being a wife is equal to being prez) than have Hillary as prez

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She'll lose it probably, but she's still staying in. Winning both states is a surprise, isn't it?

What's with the 'think for yourself stuff?', oh, forgot you're the only one that is enlightened and know what is really going on. The rest (or at least me) are sheep following the lead of my CNN/Fox overlords. lol.

Yer kiddin' me right? You are watching too much CNN and Fox mate.

Steve...don't fret over SD's comment. Typical left-wing, liberal commie propaganda. :stirthepo SD's a pretty smart guy, so I can't figure out how he got sooooooooooooo far left. :confused:

Nevertheless, SD is on the mark; Hillary needs those super-duper delegates to pull it off. She can't make it on the basis of the regular delegate votes. Further, SD and I actually agree on a political issue: Hillary is a CUNT. That's why I'd like to see her win the Demoncrat nomination. McCain would kick her in the ass. Obama would present a more formidable opponent for him, but I'd give McCain a pretty fair shot.

HH

She'll lose it probably, but she's still staying in. Winning both states is a surprise, isn't it?

What's with the 'think for yourself stuff?', oh, forgot you're the only one that is enlightened and know what is really going on. The rest (or at least me) are sheep following the lead of my CNN/Fox overlords. lol.

Well, not at all. Steve-o, I was disappointed in that post. It is not a surprise she won those states. She's had a 30% point lead in those states as short a time ago as January 2008. That she won by less than double digits is telling -- and the story is not that she won. You are parroting back talking points, and you usually don't do that. So I felt I had to call you on it.

BTW, she's not even winning in popular votes: Obama has that by 80k or so including MI & FL. Think about that. Obama was not even on the MI ticket because the candidates already knew those delegates would not count -- but ol' Hill campaigned hard there, so look for her to try to changes the rules mid-stream and have those votes count. I would really bitch about that; tho' I could compromise on a revote even tho' I think that to be wrong too (the local leaders of the Dems knew the rules going in, so som nam na).

Regards,

SD

'Billary' pulls off the upset. The race is still alive. The Ohio margin of victory surprised me...and everyone. She had single a single digit lead heading into last night. Texas was expected to be close and ended up close.

The race is definitely very much alive. The popular vote margin is razor thin (I've seen different numbers, 6K, 10K, SD says 80K, but this is with over 25 million cast) and Obama's delegate margin (he leads by 150 among pledged delegates as of today, by fewer if counting announced superdelegate support) is not overwhelming compared to the superdelegate total (796) and the MI and FL disqualifications. This thing comes down to the superdelegates, plain and simple. Clinton will spend the next five weeks tearing Obama down and attempting to build up the importance of Pennsylvania, etc. If she gets to June 7 having made up a little bit more of the gap in pledged delegates she will be quite ready to put the squeeze on the superdelegates and the Party leaders to give her the nod. The bitch is not going to quit unless and until she loses on the Convention floor.

This may help McCain short term with getting the far right into his camp but long term, the Republicans may be wise to keep Bush off the stump.

President Bush endorsed endorsed Republican nominee-in-waiting John McCain on Wednesday, two bitter rivals from the 2000 presidential race joining together now in hopes of preventing Democrats from winning the White House this fall.

Is it must my perception or does Hillary seem to do well when she is seen as the victim? After she lost Iowa, she did that emotional thing during the NH primary and won and then recently, the SNL skit of her being asked the first question. Women come out and vote for her it seems when they feel she is being unfairly treated, whether its true or not, its how they may perceive it (and we all know women rely on perception than fact).

Is it must my perception or does Hillary seem to do well when she is seen as the victim? After she lost Iowa, she did that emotional thing during the NH primary and won and then recently, the SNL skit of her being asked the first question. Women come out and vote for her it seems when they feel she is being unfairly treated, whether its true or not, its how they may perceive it (and we all know women rely on perception than fact).

That may be it, I don't know. I read the leftist boards and have a hard time understanding why so many on that side have such strong feelings in favor of either Obama or Hillary and then strong feelings against the other. Yeah, they're different people but their positions are pretty much identical. Folks must be deciding based on empathy rather than on an analytical pursuit of certain public policies. Myself, I don't care how much I like or don't like a candidate personally. I just want low taxes, dispassionate judges, and plenty of boom boom when and where it's absolutely necessary.

Canada says leak was "blatantly unfair" to Obama

OTTAWA (Reuters) - The leak of information about Barack Obama's position on the North American Free Trade Agreement was "blatantly unfair" to his campaign, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said on Wednesday.

Harper said the government was mounting an "internal security investigation" to find out who leaked the information, which suggested Obama's campaign had said not to pay too much attention to his protectionist rhetoric on NAFTA.

"This kind of leaking of information is completely unacceptable and in fact ... it may well be illegal," the prime minister told Parliament.

"It is not useful, it is not in the interests of the government of Canada, and the way the leak was executed, Mr. Speaker, was blatantly unfair to Sen. Obama and his campaign."

Typical Billary behaviour

"Unfair", but the info wasn't refuted. 5555555 In some ways, Obama's lack of experience/naievete is highlighted by this issue. The lowliest government employee knows that meetings and substance at the level indicated are recorded in some manner. :banghead:

HH

Archived