No more Ms Nice Guy

Flashermac

Hugh Ellsworth Rodham (April 2, 1911 â?? April 7, 1993) was an American textile wholesaler and father of New York Senator and former First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton.

He was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania, the son of Hugh Rodham and Hannah Jones, British immigrants descended from a line of coal miners from Co. Durham and Wales.

After the war, he began what was to prove to be a very successful career in the textile supply industry, starting with Rodrik Fabrics, a drapery fabric business located in Chicago's famous Merchandise Mart building. He later opened a fabric print plant building on the North Side.

The Rodhams had three children: Hillary (born 1947), Hugh (born 1950), and Tony (born 1954). In 1950, they moved to the more affluent Chicago suburb of Park Ridge, Illinois. The family still maintained ties to Scranton; all three children were christened there, and they spent summers at a cottage overlooking Lake Winola located in Overfield Township, Pennsylvania in the nearby Pocono Mountains.

Rodham was a staunch supporter of Barry Goldwaterâ??s 1964 presidential campaign and remained a committed Republican until his death. Even after his daughter married Democrat Bill Clinton, he (according to Bill Clinton) "never gave up hope that his son-in-law would join him in the Republican Party and support a cut in the capital gains tax."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Ellsworth_Rodham

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ni ideas on her family's wealth. I seem to recall her parents (maybe just her dad?) are dead, and I read that the wealth of Bill and Hillary combined was around $60mil.

No, I don't think she is that stupid, I am sure she views the $5mil as an investment that will yield more.

Go Oliphant! :thumbup:

Fark, he's from Adelaide!

<< Patrick Bruce "Pat" Oliphant (b. July 24, 1935 in Adelaide, Australia) is the most widely syndicated political cartoonist in the world, described by the New York Times as "the most influential cartoonist now working". His trademark is a small penguin character named Punk, who is often seen making a sarcastic comment about the subject of the panel.

Oliphant's career, which spans over fifty years, began in 1952 as a copyboy with the Adelaide News. He continued in the newspaper business in Australia until he emigrated to the United States in 1964. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Oliphant

Longtime Clinton aide Ickes is back in battle

From behind the curtain to making the public case for senator from N.Y.

ARLINGTON, Va. - Harold M. Ickes may be Senator Hillary Rodham Clintonâ??s last hope for winning the Democratic presidential nomination.

Nearly 40 years after attending his first Democratic National Convention, Mr. Ickes â?? who has survived losing presidential campaigns, grand jury investigations and a tumultuous stint in Bill Clintonâ??s White House...

...he is back in the circle of a political family that has a history of turning to him when it has skated into trouble â?? he directed the White House response into the Whitewater investigation, an effort that almost got him indicted â?? and then discarded him when it proved necessary. Mr. Ickes was removed from his job as deputy White House chief of staff three days after he helped direct Bill Clinton to re-election in 1996.

â??I mean, I was fired publicly three days after the general election,â? he said. â??Learned it from The Wall Street Journal. Front page. Upper left hand quarter. You donâ??t forget that.â?Â...

Well, its getting nasty, as expected.

Hannity Hannity again linked Obama to Farrakhan without noting Obama's denunciation of Farrakhan

Summary: On Hannity & Colmes, Sean Hannity declared that Louis Farrakhan "had nice things to say" about Sen. Barack Obama, but did not mention that Obama responded to Farrakhan's remarks with a statement noting that "I have been ... a consistent denunciator of Louis Farrakhan."

and then Obama rejects it

The Democratic candidate candidate says repeatedly that heâ??s a Christian who took the oath of office on a family Bible. Yet on the Internet and talk radio â?? and in a campaign introduction for John McCain this week â?? he is often depicted, falsely, as a Muslim with shadowy ties and his middle name, Hussein, is emphasized as a reminder of Iraqâ??s former leader.

â??If anyone is still puzzled about the facts, in fact I have never been a Muslim,â? he told the Jewish leaders in Cleveland, according to a transcript of the private session.

Archived