No more Ms Nice Guy

Flashermac

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, they're different people but their positions are pretty much identical. Folks must be deciding based on empathy rather than on an analytical pursuit of certain public policies.

They are different in my eyes. I like Obama's actions/statements re foreign policy far batter than hers. I like his position on Iraq (she says she's for getting out, but she's voted for more every chance she got). I like his transparency, she's still hiding her tax returns (more cattle future dodginess in there babe?), I dislike her plan for healthcare: we have mandatory car insuance too and we see how well that works; besides, if people can't afford it now, what makes her think they'll buy it when she says to; and what of the root cause and total healthcare industry reform? And I like someone who will take a stand for what they believe in, not swing with the polls as Hillary does.

The "personal" issues? This latest going negative on your own people, i.e., putting yourself above country and party is the last straw. And I am fucking sick of baby boomers, their attitude and how much they fuck shit up in their "gimme mine" way -- just fucking go away boomers. Yeah, I'm stretching the official definition, but I do not consider anyone born in the 60s a boomer. We need new blood and we need it now.

I DO NOT care what my candidate has between their legs. I resent all the "feminists" who claim that I am not supporting Hillary because she a woman. To them: "fuck you, you do not know what I am thinking." I think a woman would be a great president. Just not that one.

If we look back to 1976, Reagan vs Ford, we see how destructive Hillary's behaviour is to the party and ultimately the outcome of the election. As I said, I fully expect the Dems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this year because of Hillary. She can't beat McCain, she is very polarizing and will have more Indys going McCain, and more GOP turnout because of the GOP "Clinton derangement syndrome". All bad things for a Dem.

As for taxes, I do not mind paying them if I get services I want. Of course, whichever Dem gets elected will have to be the adult and raise them to pay for the last eight years of the children running up America's credit cards to the max; and I will hate that but it has to be done. However, I take solstice in the fact the since WWII, the economy has performed better under Dem prez' than GOP ones. Every time.

Regards,

SD

Yer kiddin' me right? You are watching too much CNN and Fox mate.

Steve...don't fret over SD's comment. Typical left-wing' date=' liberal commie propaganda. :stirthepo SD's a pretty smart guy, so I can't figure out how he got sooooooooooooo far left. :confused:

Nevertheless, SD is on the mark; Hillary needs those super-duper delegates to pull it off. She can't make it on the basis of the regular delegate votes. Further, SD and I actually agree on a political issue: Hillary is a CUNT. That's why I'd like to see her win the Demoncrat nomination. McCain would kick her in the ass. Obama would present a more formidable opponent for him, but I'd give McCain a pretty fair shot.

HH

[/quote']

WTF!!!??? You cannot be serious about wanting her to win the Dem race...that means she is that much closer to actually being President! NFW! I say best she loses here, shuts the fuck up and goes home, reassured she is a loser, the less chance of her being president, the better.

BTW, any chance all this shit is being done by the repubs and made to look like it is from her? just a thought.

Well, not at all. Steve-o, I was disappointed in that post. It is not a surprise she won those states. She's had a 30% point lead in those states as short a time ago as January 2008. That she won by less than double digits is telling -- and the story is not that she won. You are parroting back talking points,

The most recent polls indicated that Texas was statistically a dead heat, which turned out to be true, since she won within the margin of error. The polls had her with a high single digit lead in Ohio, just out of the margin of error. I said in an earlier post that Ohio is winnable based on that but Texas was up for grabs and the fact that Texas wasn't decided one way till very late after the polls became true.

Repeating polling numbers isn't parroting talking points.

She had sizable leads everywhere 30 months ago. She lost a lot of those states she had sizable leads in. You, me or anyone outside of possible Obama himself wouldn't have forseen the progress he has made. Its a fact.

What 'talking points' have I repeated?

Yeah, they're different people but their positions are pretty much identical. Folks must be deciding based on empathy rather than on an analytical pursuit of certain public policies.

Part of the reason is the perception that Obama isn't part of the 'machine' and 'politics as usual' and Hillary is seen as that to Obama supporters (young voters primarily). Plus he was brave enough to vote against the war, which has struck a chord with lots of voters. Black voters, like a lot of other groups (fundamentalists voting for Huckerbee, southerners voting for southern candidates), vote their own a lot of the times.

Hillary supporters see her 'experience' as an edge over Obama.

So there is a difference in the persons, despite their politics being similar.

I just want low taxes, dispassionate judges..

I've lost faith in both parties to do either. The Republicans certainly have not been able to do either when they were given their chance. Spending is just as out of control as when the Dems were in power.

BOTH parties are ineffective at best, corrupt at worst.

As I said before, do the math. From AP:

[color:purple]Hillary Rodham Clinton won't catch Barack Obama in the race for Democratic delegates chosen in primaries and caucuses, even if she wins every remaining contest.[/color]

So much for Hillary's comeback. Of course, the media knew this Tuesday night, but it was more fun to pretend like Hillary's momentum (yes, winning a state that she was already expected to win for the past 14 months is now momentum and a comeback) was going to make this an all new race. Now, to be fair, Obama can't reach the magic number of 2,025 total delegates either - not without the help of the Superdelegates. But note that the AP article is now definitively saying that not only can't Hillary reach 2,025 delegates, she also can't even catch up to Obama in terms of pledged (elected) delegates even if she wins every race. That's what I've been saying. It's over, in terms of elections. Hillary can't catch up to Obama, period. Now all she can do is try to convince the Superdelegates to overturn the will of the people (this is probably the motivation behind her having gone postal the past week, embracing John McCain, telling everyone how qualified he is to be president, etc.) And if the Superdelegates listen to Hillary, and overrule the will of the people by denying the nomination to the first African-American nominee in American history, God help the Dems, cuz it ain't gonna be pretty.

Cheers,

SD

Inside US poll battle as fight turns dirty for Democrats

HILLARY Clinton has been branded a "monster" by one of Barack Obama's top advisers, as the gloves come off in the race to win the Democrat nomination.

In an unguarded moment during an interview with The Scotsman, Samantha Power, his key foreign policy aide, let slip the camp's true feelings about the former First Lady.

Her comments came as Mr Obama, whose defeats in Texas and Ohio on Tuesday were largely put down to a series of negative attacks on him, vowed to turn up the heat on Mrs Clinton over her claims to be the more experienced candidate.

The fragile truce was blown apart as the pressure for the nomination intensified, with Mrs Clinton winning in Texas and Ohio.

Ms Power told The Scotsman Mrs Clinton was stopping at nothing to try to seize the lead from Mr Obama.

"We f***** up in Ohio," she admitted. "In Ohio, they are obsessed and Hillary is going to town on it, because she knows Ohio's the only place they can win.

"She is a monster, too â?? that is off the record â?? she is stooping to anything," Ms Power said, hastily trying to withdraw her remark.

"Interestingly, the people in her innermost circle seem to not mind her; I think they really love her."

But she added: "There is this middle circle â?? they are really on the warpath. But the truth is she has proved herself really willing to stoop."

In recent TV appearances Mrs Clinton had looked desperate and on the back foot.

Ms Power agreed, and said: "Here, it looks like desperation. I hope it looks like desperation there too.

"You just look at her and think: ergh. But if you are poor and she is telling you some story about how Obama is going to take your job away, maybe it will be more effective. The amount of deceit she has put forward is really unattractive."

Ms Power's comments reveal how the inexperienced Obama campaign is coming under increasing pressure from a battle-hardened Clinton camp that saw Ohio as its last chance to save its candidate.

Link

Archived