1 in Every 100 Adult American Is In Jail

Steve

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

its a shame argentina harbours german criminals who should be doing porridge in german jails. oops this is another american bitching thread, solly, wrong thread.

Also, there are now millions of citizens who can't even vote. Okay, I can understand someone saying an ex-con who was a rapist or murderer shouldn't be able to participate in this republic. I understand it but don't agree.

If you have served your time whether its for a few ounces of marijuana or murder, you have served your time and your rights in society have been restored. I am not personally comfortable knowing thousands of ex-con can help decide an election but I also have to put aside personal feelings and look at the fairness of it all.

I don't understand how constitutionally we can deny someone the right to vote when their sentence and probation has been fulfilled?

Either you've served your debt to society or you've not. Private companies who don't want to hire an ex-con? Their right to do so. They have legal exposure if some one on the job is raped or injured by someone with a history of violence.

Interesting thing is you can still be president but can't vote for yourself.

Also, most of these guys come out worse than when they went in. They learn to be a better criminal. Until you know someone who has been there and been brutalized, sometimes innocently in jail, you see the whole prison industry and culture in a totally different light.

First thing is release EVERYONE there on a marijuana possession charge. The only difference between thousands in California prisons there for pot and those still in society with pot is access to a medical marijuana prescription. Nothing else. Next is treat drug abuse as a health/addiction problem and not a criminal issue. Those two things happen and you can reduce the prison population by a huge percentage.

Paris Hilton and Robert Downey Jr., have gotten away with sentences that thousands of others have to serve.

Again, I think there needs to prisons, tough sentences for certain acts. I am not comfortable with rapists, murderers, gangsters, etc. living next to me, but EVERYONE deserves to do their time peacefully if they wish to. Those that don't need to be isolated away from those that do.

Of course they will, they have been doing so quietly for years. This is why we are slowly losing our rights. In exchange for that, we the people are supposed to see the politicians as doing something, and we are also supposed to feel safer.

The job of any law enforcement is not to protect the citizens as a whole, but to protect the elite and maintain the status quo.

People. They have constructed camps. They have passed the legislation. It is only a matter of time...

Oh please. Anybody who thinks that Americans are going to round up other Americans and put them in camps or who thinks that Americans are going to allow anybody to round them up and put them in camps just doesn't understand Americans.

Archived