Skytrain to airport update

soiarrai

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... Do you remember the old Nasa Spacedrome discoteque? ...

yes! what a hilarious place that was...any idea where that (let's say, not overly sophisticated but pleasantly loose moraled) crowd went to?

(i know this is slightly :topic: but a bit more interesting than a steamtrain discussion...)

1) City Air Terminal at New Makkasan Station (interchange with Petchburi MRT, making KS correct)

2) Depot at Klong Tan Station (near RCA, the location I referenced)

Other stations appear to be:

Ratchaprarop station

Phyathai station

Ramindra station

Huamak station

Ban Tap Chang station

Lad Krabang station

Suvarnabhumi station

Cheers,

SD

Does anyone know the actual location of these stations? ie Street and nearest cross Soi etc? have been trying to find this out in relation to buying a townhouse not too far from a station, but buggered if I can find anything on the net.

This is very helpful.

It appears the Petchaburi station is the most convenient station for Farangs living in the large Farang-Japanese ghetto/community bordered by Asoke, Sukhumvit, Thonglor and Pethaburi (basically the Sois of Sukhumvit between Soi 23 and 55 on the other side of Emporium).

There is a huge structure they are building near the rail line in this area, but it doesn't seem like its the Petchaburi station - at least as I read this map. You will see it if you drive up Ekamai just past the flyover over Petchaburi on the way to Rama IX (IMHO a good route to drive to Pattaya from my part of Bangkok since it takes you Rama IX and you can use either the 7 or, by taking the rim road, the 3 to Pattaya, once you are on Rama IX heading out of Bangkok). I assumed this was a station for the new high speek rail line, but now I am not so sure. Anyone know what this is?

Archived