First Draft of History Looks a Bit Rough on Bush

Flashermac

Not even you can deny that a UN mandated force would constitute genuine multilateral action.

Now, President Bush did the opposite...

Then what is not multilateral?

You write a lot of words but miss the point.

Unilateral means undertaken by one party. Multilateral means undertaken by two or more parties. "U.N. Security Council authorized" means undertaken by however many parties according to the terms of a U.N.S.C. resolution.

"Genuine multilateral" is a bullshit term altogether. It means nothing.

It is not so hard to speak English. What is harder for some is to tell the truth.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you use as an excuse the inability to speak English as a reason not to speak the Truth?

Bush hated Saddam.

Bush still endorses the Monroe Doctrine.

Bush believes in war just as long as he doesn't have to participate (draft dodger).

Bush believes in democracy but refuses to leave Iraq even though that is what the people want. Bush is a hippocrite that thrills himself with saying he believes in FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY when in effect his 2 terms in office demonstrate he beliefs in exactly the opposite.

I fighter pilot who remained stateside during time of war, had at best a spotty record, and was seldom "absent" from duty as a reservist...of course, I will give him the props for at least showing up and making the effort, as opposed to Clinton who thought he was too valuable to go...

One party can mean a group of countries as in this case. A word's meaning depends on the context and, as here, multilateral is used to connote a UN action. It's not practical to use the same word for action X as well as for action non-X.

Of course the Bush administration (like yourself), after seeking support by the Thesaurus definition, prefers to use to term "multilateral" to camouflage his flagrant unilateralism in bypassing the international community and the illegality of the Iraqi invasion.

Everybody else uses the word "unilateral", including as I said, Bush Sr.

Two thirds of the American people supported the idea of invading Iraq, provided that it took the form a multilateral action. That is why Bush stretched the use of "multilateralism" into the absurd. And into dishonesty.

And that is why they put forward a second resolution, well aware, and contrary to what you said, that there was no resolution that mandated the use of force. Since they had gotten France and everybody else in the Council onboard the relatively far reaching 1441, they calculated that insufficient compliance by Saddam would be enough to make the second resolution, be accepted by the Council.

But Chirac dug in his heels like a stubborn donkey.

[color:red]"Bush was a fighter pilot."[/color]

That is a new one. As a fighter pilot, what planes did he fight against?

Or was he Stateside avoiding the draft by joining the Texas National Guard?

As GWB himself said [color:red]"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."[/color]

At about the time he was entering the Texas National Guard, a true HERO was leaving the Texas National Guard. GWB never saw combat action, but this HERO saw over 2 years of combat action during World War II. This HERO became the most decorated United States combat soldier in United States military history. He was the recipiant of the Medal of Honor along with 32 other U.S. medals,five more metals from France, and one metal from Belgium. This Hero was credited with destroying six enemy tanks in addition to killing over 240 German soldiers and wounding and capturing many others.

GWB's military career is sketchy to the point that some think he might have went AWOL. Oh by the way, the hero I was mentioning was Major Audie Murphy.

Audie%20Murphy.JPG

Bush believes in war just as long as he doesn't have to participate (draft dodger).

Clinton was a draft dodger.

Bush was a fighter pilot.

Hitler was a corporal, Noriega was a general...I am seeing a bad pattern here with the ex military guys...things ran better with the draft dodger in office.

Archived