First Draft of History Looks a Bit Rough on Bush

Flashermac

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you use as an excuse the inability to speak English as a reason not to speak the Truth?

Bush hated Saddam.

Bush still endorses the Monroe Doctrine.

Bush believes in war just as long as he doesn't have to participate (draft dodger).

Bush believes in democracy but refuses to leave Iraq even though that is what the people want. Bush is a hippocrite that thrills himself with saying he believes in FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY when in effect his 2 terms in office demonstrate he beliefs in exactly the opposite.

Spot on...nice post.

Two thirds of the American people supported the idea of invading Iraq, provided that it took the form a multilateral action. That is why Bush stretched the use of "multilateralism" into the absurd. And into dishonesty.

If this number is true it was based on information that turned out to be false.

Bush was bent on invading Iraq no matter what. The mood in the country after 911 was the perfect storm of situations for him. If 911 had not happened, I have strong doubts Congress would have supported it.

That's where I'm not sure. I think some people had a pretty good idea Iraq would fall to bits. Bremer disbanding the Iraqi army was the key event. Even now a lot of people will blame the Iraqis for not 'grasping the wonderful opportunity that was offered to them'.

Perhaps the big surprise was the Iranian influence especially in the South and the Sunni boycott of the elections.

Archived