First Draft of History Looks a Bit Rough on Bush

Flashermac

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Example, Social security. The government takes almost 8% or something? and that is less I have to invest myself...they then say they might not be able to pay me, and they need reforms...so the answer is simple, let me keep my cash, or else stop wasting it and pay me!

Social Security is a total scam and has been for decades. The withholding is 12.4% total, half from paychecks and the other half by employer match. The money collected is spent right away, much of it on bullshit. There is no "trust fund", just an accumulation of worthless I.O.U.s the federal government has written to itself. Few people who work their entire adult lives will collect in Social Security benefits an amount equal to the nominal sum of their actual payments. Add inflation to that and the number drops further. The rate of return on the whole system is something like a preposterous 2% and that mostly accumulates to people who enter the system late, work only sporadically, or who become disabled. Many people pay for decades or even for a lifetime and collect nothing. Social Security is a total scam.

'While Europe stares blankly into the abyss, America beholds glory as ever'

Tell me Rogueman, how old were you when you got your brain removed? Seriously, it's like having a conversation with someone who's got the intellectual capacity of a rubber duck.

I really can't do anything but laugh at you.

But did you like the song?

I agree SSI is a scam, a pyramid game, but, wouldn't you agree, they either need to deliver as promised, or else they should stop taking the money? Having that money in the economy being invested is a lot better than letting the government have and waste it.

If any of us did what the social security system does we would be convicted of fraud. Its a ponzi/pyramid scheme in essence.

The crazy, hypocritical thing about it all is as I said, its illegal to do the SAME thing if I were to own a company and pay the pensions in the same manner or set up my own private Social Security using the SAME exact methods of the ones that are coming in now, paying the ones that are leaving.

The government is the biggest hypocrite in America. Pick 3 lotto is nothing more, nothing less, than the numbers racket that I grew up with in Philly. Its EXACTLY the same thing they fought Harlem numbers runners and mafia families over.

Don't get me started on tobacco and alcohol v. pot.

Anyway, NOTHING will work until the system changes. The system where corporations and special interests have more say with the congress and white house than the true needs of the people.

National healthcare will NEVER work as long as the HMOs, lawyer, doctor groups, etc. all have more of a say.

Social Security will always be put off for future generations to deal with. The ones who are screwing it all up now, know that they will be long gone from office and possibly die comfortable of old age before it comes to fruition. The hypocracy of the SSN is evident in that the congress votes itself a retirement package that is not only separate from SSN but far, far more lucrative...and its guaranteed!

Ron Paul where are you?!!

While on the subject of hypocracy, how about those banks charging 32% interest on credit cards? States criminalized loansharking by passing usury laws prohibiting charging interest higher than 18% (give or take depending on the state).

Now that the loansharks are in prison, the banks got in on the market. They got the congress to pass a law over ruling state usury laws when it comes to banks. The banks scheme is to lure you in with a reasonable rate on a credit card. Once you have a balance, they use a universal default provision to jack your rate up through the roof. If you make a late payment to any of your creditors, the bank considers that justification to raise your credit card rate.

I agree SSI is a scam, a pyramid game, but, wouldn't you agree, they either need to deliver as promised, or else they should stop taking the money? Having that money in the economy being invested is a lot better than letting the government have and waste it.

Very well said. But not only do they take it and waste it, they are taxing kids not even born yet in their relentless quest to raise the standard of living for everyone in the U.S. The debt burden we are forcing on them by insisting on big government programs is unavoidably immoral. That is why I am not a dem. The promises to have the fed govt solve all problems that I hear from the dems is down right frightening to me.

The republicans have the same big gov mentality as the dems: just look at the horrific expansion of government spending while bush and the republican congress were in charge for years. Both parties have demonstrably failed. I would even say that the US democratic experiment is on the verge of failing. But if i said that i might be accused of saying the sky is falling. So I won't say it.

I agree exactly with what you say here. Social Security should be gradually replaced by an actual retirement savings plan where people own that which is withheld from their paychecks (and that matched by their employer) and earn a reasonable return on their savings. Those at or near retirement age should see the Social Security promise to them fulfilled while younger workers and those yet to start working are offered a different option. This is what Pres. Bush proposed but the leftists blocked his legislation and demagogued the entire issue into the ditch. Social Security is precisely a pyramid scheme originally created to address the needs of existing, indigent old and nearly-old Americans. It has morphed into a massive wealth-transfer scheme intended to simultaneously 1) disguise the level of the present budget deficit, 2) encourage support of and dependency on collectivism, 3) create a means for Congress to subsidize certain constituencies in return for votes. We should end Social Security ASAP.

It goes further than that. The IRS charges interest and penalties on back and unpaid taxes that are deemed usury if anyone else does it. The state of california as well. Of course these are on individuals. Corporations can file BK or use loopholes to exonorate themselves of the obligation while the individual citizen has no recourse. You can't eliminate a tax burden with a bankruptcy.

Its not just the American government. You'll find similar hypocracy in just about every nation. Its the nature of governments.

The framers were correct in being suspicious of a large centralized federal government.

'While Europe stares blankly into the abyss' date=' America beholds glory as ever'

Tell me Rogueman, how old were you when you got your brain removed? Seriously, it's like having a conversation with someone who's got the intellectual capacity of a rubber duck.

I really can't do anything but laugh at you.[/quote']

But did you like the song?

I loved it, thank you so much! :rotl::devil:

Archived