First Draft of History Looks a Bit Rough on Bush

Flashermac

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried googling to find out but couldn't remember. I recall there was one of the people that we were looking for in Iraq that was also suspected in a bombing in either Lebonon or Syria (I suspect Lebonon but not sure) and their network went into Iraq and found him and brought him to us. We took credit for his capture publicly but the 'heavy lifting' was done by someone else.

I mention to reiterate how other Arabs would do a much better job of policing the state until they get themselves in order than we ever could.

They can tell instantly if a person is local by his accent. I recall another article from Zawari (spelling?) which mentioned as he was moving about the country, trying to stay one step ahead of the American military, saying 'which tribe controls this area?' as the first thing he'd ask. They know each other, they know who does and doesn't belong. We never will.

We're making a bad situation worse by staying.

As for the original subject line, its not too early to assess his presidency. Its a bad one. No question. Only his parents would consider his presidency a success. I'm not even sure Laura Bush believes it was. I hope every president does a good job, whether I vote for them or not. I'm not tied to party politics where members of the party are hoping for failure. Failure cuts off our nose to spite our faces. Fact is though Bush's has been a bad one. I was hopeful but I'm at pains to think of who has had a worse overall presidency in recent memory. Worse than Nixon's possibly. When Roq has to spew party doctrine (cut taxes, right to life) as a successful president, instead of accomplishments that all Americans of varying ideologies would agree to, it tells you all you need to know.

When I look at a candidate, I look at who will be best for me, and my interests, such as who will protect my job, my health care, my retirement and my future. I could care less who marries who, who is cured by what medical treatments (stem cells) and or who has an abortion. None of those things have any bearing on my day to day life. So far, GWB has done more to hurt my future than to help it. Oh, and I get really sick of Rich kid presidents and corporate CEOs telling me I need to "...tighten my belt and weather the storm, we will get through this..." Bullshit, I want to know HOW they plan to get us through it!

Seems like the opposite of the self reliant americans we once were. Now its all about who can promiuse the most gifts from the federal treasury wins the oval office. Maybe its a reaction to policies of corporate america, such as trade deals not in the interests of american workers. Its hard to know if free trade results in a net loss of jobs. One thing is for sure, a worker's paycheck doesn't go very far anymore. Maybe it never did and we just think it did.

The other thing for sure is that the further americans get away from the principles the country was founded on, the more precipitouis will be our decline.

Archived